Cook... The Referendum | Page 26 | Vital Football

Cook... The Referendum

Should Paul Cook be retained?

• Total voters
If he plays he will huff and puff but won’t be a danger. He had half a season of effectiveness and has been very ordinary the rest of his career. That’s my opinion for what it’s worth.
Your opinion is as good as anyone's Sir whether anyone else agrees with it or not. It's a fans forum and nobody who posts wouldn't have Latics best interest at heart no matter what their opinion is and so be it.

If he plays he will huff and puff but won’t be a danger. He had half a season of effectiveness and has been very ordinary the rest of his career. That’s my opinion for what it’s worth.
Quoting this so I can come back to it on Saturday evening. Cheers.

The fact that Moonay, one of the most active and positive posters on here hasn’t been on to defend him says it all really............

I must admit, I've avoided this part of the forum recently (still been trying to make MiW, Hindley & Studs see Johnson for the fraud he is over in Off Topic !), mainly because you can't just offer hope in support of retaining Cook.

His stats were poor. Performances weren't great. We weren't particularly unlucky. There was little to offer in terms of a case for keeping him except a belief that he'll get it right.

After last week's booing incident, I was hopeful for this week. Either the team were going to rally together and get the elusive win .......... or we weren't. For 87 mins, it seemed that a bit of camaraderie might see us through ....... and then, the wheels came off.

The heads of the players must now be all over the place. Their mindsets most likely can't envisage them ever getting anything from a game. Recovering from yet another last ten minute loss will take a massive effort ........especially mentally.

Can Cook do it? I'll be honest, I really don't know. However, I think I've come to terms that it might be best if he goes now, so we can get someone in before Christmas and the new window.

Who? No idea.......... but regretfully, it needs to be done.

Bugger.

I must admit, I've avoided this part of the forum recently (still been trying to make MiW, Hindley & Studs see Johnson for the fraud he is over in Off Topic !), mainly because you can't just offer hope in support of retaining Cook.

His stats were poor. Performances weren't great. We weren't particularly unlucky. There was little to offer in terms of a case for keeping him except a belief that he'll get it right.

After last week's booing incident, I was hopeful for this week. Either the team were going to rally together and get the elusive win .......... or we weren't. For 87 mins, it seemed that a bit of camaraderie might see us through ....... and then, the wheels came off.

The heads of the players must now be all over the place. Their mindsets most likely can't envisage them ever getting anything from a game. Recovering from yet another last ten minute loss will take a massive effort ........especially mentally.

Can Cook do it? I'll be honest, I really don't know. However, I think I've come to terms that it might be best if he goes now, so we can get someone in before Christmas and the new window.

Who? No idea.......... but regretfully, it needs to be done.

Bugger.

Today was the final straw , I watched Everton earlier with big Dunc and saw how their club was so upbeat with their decision.
We now need the change , anyone as a caretaker will do.

How the fuck he is still manager of our football club I really have no idea. This shit has been going on for far too long. His record away from home is beyond appalling, the tactics and style of play are dire and the frequency of a late capitulation means it’s no longer surprising.

It’s a pattern - it isn’t bad luck because it’s an ‘unforgiving league’. Despite admitting last season he wasn’t worried about the away form and this season admitting he was clueless how to change it it is quite frankly incomprehensible he is still a Championship manager. It is a gross failure in management from whoever is responsible for hiring and firing managers these days.

Personally I think we’re now done for the season. I don’t think a new manager can turn this around now. He’s squeezed out every last drop of confidence from this group, the mentality is shot to pieces, the fitness levels are woeful, the style of play would need transforming in too short a space of time and all the recent winnable six pointers have now been and gone. There is now a clear discord between club and fans and it would need a miracle worker to get a grip of all this and turn it around. The management of this club and those fans championing his continued tenure in face of damning statistics and performances, which have influenced the decision maker need to reflect and accept responsibility for this utter shambles.

...............and those fans championing his continued tenure in face of damning statistics and performances, which have influenced the decision maker need to reflect and accept responsibility for this utter shambles.

Just because some of us kept our toys in the cot doesn't make us "responsible" for our current position !

I would still argue that if players had done their jobs properly - taking chances, defending competently, still concentrating through to the end - that we wouldn't be in this position. However, they didn't and we are.

Me getting pissy on a forum a few weeks ago wouldn't have made a ha'porth of difference.

Just because some of us kept our toys in the cot doesn't make us "responsible" for our current position !

I would still argue that if players had done their jobs properly - taking chances, defending competently, still concentrating through to the end - that we wouldn't be in this position. However, they didn't and we are.

Me getting pissy on a forum a few weeks ago wouldn't have made a ha'porth of difference.

It wasn't a dig at any one person, on here or elsewhere, but all over social media people have been championing his cause in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary. I’m sure the power(s) that be take notice if this and I suspect it plays a part in the decision making - though whoever is responsible for the hiring and firing needs to overlook all that and be objective in the decision making. The end result is we’ve retained a lame duck for far too long and will be relegated as a consequence.

But if the cap fits Moonay.....then by all means try it on. TBF you have tried to find any last minuscule of hope for PC despite our horrendous form, our dreadful performances n our capitulation in the dying minutes...but hey crack on!!!!
Go on Jock, I'll bite (but only cos you're now a big time broadcasting pundit ! ;)).

Of course I'll try and find any last miniscule chance of not having to go through yet another cycle of change and churn. It's the sensible thing to do. Every manager goes through bad runs. Every one. However, some on here start calling for a manager's head way too early. Granted others (like me) may err on the "waiting too long" side, but it worked last season didn't it?

This season, we had a reasonable start, but have just never got going since. Now, with home form no longer being as reliable as in the past, and with the late losses mounting up, it's right to bring things to a head.

So, choose your own headwear Jock, and crack on yourself.
:cheers:

Sorry it’s a league one team playing in the championship and a league one manager way out of his depth here it’s that bad it’s embarrassing never heard a manger say it’s like pass the parcel as he totally lost the plot

Go on Jock, I'll bite (but only cos you're now a big time broadcasting pundit ! ;)).

Of course I'll try and find any last miniscule chance of not having to go through yet another cycle of change and churn. It's the sensible thing to do. Every manager goes through bad runs. Every one. However, some on here start calling for a manager's head way too early. Granted others (like me) may err on the "waiting too long" side, but it worked last season didn't it?

This season, we had a reasonable start, but have just never got going since. Now, with home form no longer being as reliable as in the past, and with the late losses mounting up, it's right to bring things to a head.

So, choose your own headwear Jock, and crack on yourself.
:cheers:
You are correct Moonay all managers have a bad run however no other manager has had one that lasted over a year and kept his job.
Face it apart from the first 10 games last season we have been increasingly shite.
We would have gone last year had we not lucked in with Reece James.
Cook must have dirt on both the Royles and Stanley nothing else (other than my conspiracy theory 😉) makes sense.
Once 🤡 finished playing pass the parcel someone should tell the players to stop playing musical statues and then someone needs to whip away Cooks seat at musical chairs !

......... This is the away record since Stoke in August 2018. .......

What a cracking result and performance that was. ........superbly orchestrated by our current manager.

That's what he - and the team - are capable of. How the hell has it gone so downhill?