Cook... The Referendum | Page 25 | Vital Football

Cook... The Referendum

Should Paul Cook be retained?

• Total voters
Why do you deem the manager, coaching staff, players and employees of the club to be dislikeable? What kind of contact do you have with them?

One of our supporters had a stroke 12 moths ago and is confined to a wheelchair. He rang Luton for a ticket in the disabled section only to be told there were none left. Staff at the club heard about this, contacted Luton and managed to get him a ticket. They didn't need to.

Only yesterday 2 players that have been treated like shit recently by supporters such as yourself attended the Christmas Party of a local school. Again they didn't need to.

I'm afraid when it comes to being dislikeable you can teach everybody at Wigan Athletic a few lessons.

Why do you deem the manager, coaching staff, players and employees of the club to be dislikeable? What kind of contact do you have with them?

One of our supporters had a stroke 12 moths ago and is confined to a wheelchair. He rang Luton for a ticket in the disabled section only to be told there were none left. Staff at the club heard about this, contacted Luton and managed to get him a ticket. They didn't need to.

Only yesterday 2 players that have been treated like shit recently by supporters such as yourself attended the Christmas Party of a local school. Again they didn't need to.

I'm afraid when it comes to being dislikeable you can teach everybody at Wigan Athletic a few lessons.
You do realise that the players are contractually obliged to attend community events? The fact it was Naishite and Jacobs’ proved that they were probably sent as punishment for their shite performance on Saturday. Poor kids, no wonder we can’t attract new fans, sending idiots like them to events instead of the proper players.

Happy clappers like you make me sick. Only ever crawl out of the woodwork on here to make excuses for them. Bore off Mr Cook.

I agree wholeheartedly. There's far too much disrespect, anyone with half a brain could make their points without resorting to abuse.

To LMB, Stormin, KDZ n anyone else interested....I'm taking part in the PWU Podcast tonight. A few posts ago on this thread there was a bit of a discussion about how blaise the club is in this current predicament n a few suggested we should tell the club / voice our concerns etc etc. LMB suggested along the lines of rather than be a key board warrior go on something like the podcast - discussions from other posters went on about how they'd prob not broadcast negativity....anyroads via LMB I contacted PWU n arranged a visit have my say n see how it goes. Will let you know the outcome -( if anyone's even interested)...

To LMB, Stormin, KDZ n anyone else interested....I'm taking part in the PWU Podcast tonight. A few posts ago on this thread there was a bit of a discussion about how blaise the club is in this current predicament n a few suggested we should tell the club / voice our concerns etc etc. LMB suggested along the lines of rather than be a key board warrior go on something like the podcast - discussions from other posters went on about how they'd prob not broadcast negativity....anyroads via LMB I contacted PWU n arranged a visit have my say n see how it goes. Will let you know the outcome -( if anyone's even interested)...

I'm interested Jock, please provide an update. Good luck, hope you enjoy yourself and it is a positive and productive experience for you.

Don’t tune in often these days, though will give this episode a go if you’re on it jock.

Whoever it was that graded our season a 6 out of 10 a few weeks back can you ask them three questions. One have they reconsidered that opinion and two in light of the fact we are in terminal decline do they regret it? Also do they think this opinion, broadcast nationally, has any impact on the club taking recognisance of this and therefore not sacking Cook?

I'm interested Jock, please provide an update. Good luck, hope you enjoy yourself and it is a positive and productive experience for you.

Thanks Arthur...hopefully I don't get all tongue tied n put my points across ok. Will let u know how it goes!!

Don’t tune in often these days, though will give this episode a go if you’re on it jock.

Whoever it was that graded our season a 6 out of 10 a few weeks back can you ask them three questions. One have they reconsidered that opinion and two in light of the fact we are in terminal decline do they regret it? Also do they think this opinion, broadcast nationally, has any impact on the club taking recognisance of this and therefore not sacking Cook?

6/10- was that one of the guys on the podcast??
Will mention what you've asked altho not sure how it goes format wise.

Very interested Jock, great to see someone stepping up to the plate! Will await your insight with great interest! Well done Jock

Well if we gift Luton 3 points this week end. Might as well get ready for league one now But there is always one coupon buster so you can hope

Just while i'm on here, any of you lot that voted retain, you can change your vote (above) if you like, those that don't want to change please explain why, should be interesting reading.

Well if we gift Luton 3 points this week end. Might as well get ready for league one now But there is always one coupon buster so you can hope
It should be an easy away win for us but then again the only manager in the country who could model his game on Warren Joyce is still in charge so at best a nil nil. If we were to somehow lose I hope its by a Callum McManaman hat trick.

Good luck Jock, if you'd have been on a week ago you may have had a lot to debate, but after this past week they may be all agreeing with you though about sacking Cook now!

It should be an easy away win for us but then again the only manager in the country who could model his game on Warren Joyce is still in charge so at best a nil nil. If we were to somehow lose I hope its by a Callum McManaman hat trick.

Callum will defo be looking to put one up Cook after how he was never given a chance. If i was Jones i'd start him or at least give him a goof 30 mins as a sub he has something to prove and a fired up McMannaman is a very dangerous player.

Callum will defo be looking to put one up Cook after how he was never given a chance. If i was Jones i'd start him or at least give him a goof 30 mins as a sub he has something to prove and a fired up McMannaman is a very dangerous player.
If he plays he will huff and puff but won’t be a danger. He had half a season of effectiveness and has been very ordinary the rest of his career. That’s my opinion for what it’s worth.

I believe so, from what I understood on here whoever it was took umbrage to me raising it! (disclaimer - I may have that wrong)

It was Adam who did the rating but was someone else (not Barry or Thorp) who brought your comments to the table to discuss further.

All the best Jock, give our regards to Barry.