Cook sacked | Vital Football

Cook sacked

Feel sorry for Cook. Liked him at Wigan and thought he did a good job. Never nice to see a manager get sacked but he was massively under achieving, especially with the business that was done in the summer. I always fancied Ipswich to be the team that makes the charge after Christmas. We always seemed to start slowly with Cook and then finish off the end of the season as world beaters. Shame we won’t get to see him next week

Reactions: GSM
Also Sunderland manager may be in trouble after giving Sunderland fans the fingers

Also Sunderland manager may be in trouble after giving Sunderland fans the fingers
Sunderland wont get better than their current manager, fans who think they should be in the prem, wont be surprised to see Lee Johnson at Ipswich and Cook at Sunderland

I won't gloat about a man losing his job, especially a good bloke like Cook. No doubt Ipswich have been the biggest disappointment in the league this season, but there was plenty of time for them to get into the play-offs and once you do that you never know. Having said that, it's the owners money and they've spent an absolute shit load of it, so I can't criticise them for wanting to take action.

On a side note, I'm sad I now won't get the chance to give him a well earned clap next weekend before the game. It would have meant a lot to him I'm sure.

Last edited:
I won't gloat about a man losing his job, especially a good bloke like Cook. No doubt Ipswich have been the biggest disappoint in the league this season, but there was plenty of time for them to get into the play-offs and once you do that you never know. Having said that, it's the owners money and they've an absolute shit load of it, so I can't criticise them for wanting to take action.

On a side note, I'm sad I now won't get the chance to give him a well earned clap next weekend before the game. It would have meant a lot to him I'm sure.
Quite right about not gloating about him getting the sack
But we are doing fine and on a serious note we have a very good setup
And no place for a cook return

Quite right about not gloating about him getting the sack
But we are doing fine and on a serious note we have a very good setup
And no place for a cook return
Of course we have and I don't expect him back here at all, I think he'll take some time out over Christmas and rightly so after the personal shit he's been through over the past couple of months. Hopefully he got a nice fat payoff and can enjoy himself for the foreseeable future.

Having said that, if for whatever reason Leam wanted him back in some capacity, I'd have no qualms about it at all. Leam's earned the trust of the fans in regards to his decision making.

Of course we have and I don't expect him back here at all, I think he'll take some time out over Christmas and rightly so after the personal shit he's been through over the past couple of months. Hopefully he got a nice fat payoff and can enjoy himself for the foreseeable future.

Having said that, if for whatever reason Leam wanted him back in some capacity, I'd have no qualms about it at all. Leam's earned the trust of the fans in regards to his decision making.
And set to have the south stand named after him
Top bloke

Very sorry to hear he’s lost his job. I personally like him and let’s not forget his actions in going out of his way to contact and express sympathy to those that lost the jobs when we went into admin. He led the team magnificently in difficult circumstances and before that was out volunteering when everything was shut down during covid.

He’s had a difficult time recently with the loss of his father, so the opportunity to move back home and recharge his batteries will hopefully see him back in football before too long. I hope he still turns up next week and I’ve no doubt he’ll receive a very warm welcome if he does.

Someone on here a few months ago said that Cook wouldnt last until Christmas if Ipswich didnt get off to a good start.

He also said that Ipswich wouldnt tolerate Cook like Wigan did, he was proved right.

That isn't a clever prediction though, it's just stating the obvious.

He badly disappointed last season for them and was given funds to sign the best squad in the division. Their goal was clearly winning the league so of course they wouldn't tolerate struggling to be in the top half of the table.

Only suprise is that he lasted this long.

Sad to see him sacked but no place for him in our present set up it would just undermine Leam having him in the backroom

I don't think Cook would have any interest in being demoted to being a no2 after being a the main man all his career. It would be a bit like coming back with his tail between his legs and he will have had a big pay off so can afford to have too much pride to ask.

Richardson has recruited his coaching team so there is probably very little Cook could bring to the table anyway.

He badly disappointed last season for them and was given funds to sign the best squad in the division. Their goal was clearly winning the league so of course they wouldn't tolerate struggling to be in the top half of the table.

Not the best squad for me. Signed about 6 quality number 10s to fight for 1 spot, completely neglected the defence and keepers and the squad is lopsided. They have a great centre midfield selection and good strikers but too many weaknesses in that team.

Much prefer ours balanced throughout with 2 good players in each position.

Must say having stuck with him after their awful start the last 2 months league wise has been much better.

I remember when Paul Jewell joined, we got a brand new squad which looked great but we were nearer the relegation zone by Christmas and got knocked out the FA Cup at home to Canvey Island but the decision not to sack was proven to be inspirational by what happened next 3 seasons.

Unless they have a top manager lined up the timing looks strange and when you have a player coming out criticising another staff member in interfering with playing duties going against Cook, then somethings not right at the club.

Also can see a few of their players being mightily pissed off being really close to Cook and not wanting to stick around next month. Morsy for one shouldn't be at this level and Evans made a big decision relocate having just had baby all because of Cook.

Ipswich didnt tolerate his incompetence so i was proved right.
Stop the smart arse replies pal it doesnt suit you!