Cook needs to go! | Page 13 | Vital Football

Cook needs to go!

Seriously what are your expectations with very low gates and an inevitable low budget?
Seriously, finishing ahead of Blackburn per last year.
Agree we had a low budget against the big lads in the div but we spent more heavily than Blackburn, got same TV money and as discussed loads on here unless gates are double ours that doesn't make a material difference.
Also didn't expect to be in a relegation scrap with Bolton and Rotherham either.

Seriously, finishing ahead of Blackburn per last year.
Agree we had a low budget against the big lads in the div but we spent more heavily than Blackburn, got same TV money and as discussed loads on here unless gates are double ours that doesn't make a material difference.
Also didn't expect to be in a relegation scrap with Bolton and Rotherham either.

And when all the games are played and say we finish above Blackburn would that be good enough?

Blackburn have a manager that has had more experience at this level than PC and yet find themselves only eight points above us. They have also not had the injuries to key players that we suffered and are only two places above us. They have not had a season disrupted by a prolonged takeover that must have unsettled the players and staff as much as it unsettled us, the supporters. It seems ridiculous to try and compare the two clubs given that the circumstances that they find themselves in are so different.

Now that we have a fully fit squad I expect our form to improve and given that Blackburn have struggled recently as their injuries mount we may yet finish above them.We should also remember that Blackburn were above us until the last few games of last season so I think we will all have to wait and see what the end of the season brings.

Blackburn have a manager that has had more experience at this level than PC and yet find themselves only eight points above us. They have also not had the injuries to key players that we suffered and are only two places above us. They have not had a season disrupted by a prolonged takeover that must have unsettled the players and staff as much as it unsettled us, the supporters. It seems ridiculous to try and compare the two clubs given that the circumstances that they find themselves in are so different.

Now that we have a fully fit squad I expect our form to improve and given that Blackburn have struggled recently as their injuries mount we may yet finish above them.We should also remember that Blackburn were above us until the last few games of last season so I think we will all have to wait and see what the end of the season brings.

Can't see any sceanrio where we get to 47 points judging on the remaining fixtures and that's assuming Blackburn lose every single game in the rest of the season. They are bound to pick up a few of points along the way, so we'd most likely to need be winning 3 or 4 of our remaining 8 and we've got tough home fixtures.

Blackburn spent 7m on a bench forward in January.

That was one very strange signing he is only 19, but also only had about 5 goals in 25 apperances last season for Forest so he wasn't ripping up trees to justify that type of fee. If you are paying so much you'd think it would be the finished article ready to go straight into your first team.

I have this feeling which gets stronger with every passing day, that the last game of the season against Millwall will determine our fate.

Walgarth, Dragnet, given that our last result was a resounding win, with a decent performance, what's happened in the 5 days since to bring about the miserable outlook?

Genuine question.

Walgarth, Dragnet, given that our last result was a resounding win, with a decent performance, what's happened in the 5 days since to bring about the miserable outlook?

Genuine question.
Just thinking were our 2 wins are coming from thats all

Us:
Brentford h
Bristol a
Hull a
Norwich h
Leeds a
Preston h
Birmingham a
Millwall h

Them:
Derby a
Forest h
Villa h
Stoke a
Swansea a
Birmingham h
West brom a
Boro h

Like Exiled & Martinez said ............... above is copied from KDZ's thread from a week or two ago.

Do you agree? ........ theirs is a tougher run in.

Us:
Brentford h
Bristol a
Hull a
Norwich h
Leeds a
Preston h
Birmingham a
Millwall h

Them:
Derby a
Forest h
Villa h
Stoke a
Swansea a
Birmingham h
West brom a
Boro h

Like Exiled & Martinez said ............... above is copied from KDZ's thread from a week or two ago.

Do you agree? ........ theirs is a tougher run in.
No i dont STOKE nothing to play for the same as Swansea West brom and Boro be in the playoffs then so might rest a few

Also the expected 12 point deduction for Birmingham will really put the cat amongst the pigeons!