Cook My Biggest Achievement So Far | Page 4 | Vital Football

Cook My Biggest Achievement So Far

Serious question Norm ............. if .......and I accept it's a big "if", ............ if we were to play like last night in most games (win/lose or draw), would you not be willing to give Cook another crack in the Championship?

Would it be so terrible ?
As usual it will be a financial decision. The club sack him, they have to pay him off. If they don't sack him though, then mark my words the season ticket take up will be utterly abysmal no matter how low the prices are. The fans were conned into thinking we would turn a corner and kick on last summer. They won't be conned for a second time, regardless of us still being in the Championship. A new manager though (depending on the name of course e.g not Unsworth), brings a fresh start, fresh hope, excitement and probably an increase in season ticket sales to this season.

Good point Jock that lingering doubt thing.
From another viewpoint if your lass had been cheating on you for ages and got caught out would you forgive if for a couple of nights she made you a nice tea ?🤔

Oh you bitch ..😉....nah, nah, our lass wud b defo gone, done, dusted n move on, but Hampton this is footy so certain leeways & indiscretions are allowed....plus the tea wud have to be foll up wi really, really tasty 'biscuits' 😂😂

A lot of you are justifying your stance that Cook is crap and he will take us down.
He wont take us down he will keep us up!

There are many people on here who keep spouting cany/wont sack him because of they have to pay him off. FFS grow up and think about that statement it makes no sense.
No one is offering a realitic alternative Pulis Allerdyce and way way way out of our budget.

The board must have decided ages ago out best chance of staying up was with Cook, lets get behind the team, the club and the manager to make that happen.

Stop moaning and start supporting!

A lot of you are justifying your stance that Cook is crap and he will take us down.

There are many people on here who keep spouting cany/wont sack him because of they have to pay him off. FFS grow up and think about that statement it makes no sense.
No one is offering a realitic alternative Pulis Allerdyce and way way way out of our budget.

The board must have decided ages ago out best chance of staying up was with Cook, lets get behind the team, the club and the manager to make that happen.

Go back to to page 3 of this thread, plenty reasonable posts on there, thanks!

He wont take us down he will keep us up!....

Surely CoW, a poster stating their stance and then justifying it is what a forum is all about. ....... and yet CoW you forgot to offer your own justification.

If it's simply blind faith, then fair enough. I must admit though, I'm puzzled by your dismissal of finances as a reason not to dismiss him. I've been one of the posters who's probably been least critical of Cook, and yet I think that the likely cost of releasing him has been a major factor why he's kept his job.

Also, Norm's right. There've been plenty of reasonable, intelligent posts on this thread.

We all now Cook is here until the end of the season no matter what - that is something like 11 games. If we play superbly, winning the majority of those games and finish the season at a canter - seemingly tlearned from earlier mistakes. If you add those to our recent upturn in form then that will mean Cook will have had a very healthy spell and longest good spell at this level. I always think opinions should evolve as the information available evolves and if that happened I think he would probably have done enough to regain faith from the majority of the fan base and he will have done enough to deserve another chance next season.

But there is a lot of if's a buts to that scenario and it's unlikely we'll finish the season like that - we could yet still go down with a wimper and the Reading performance becomes our last passable performance before bad old service resumes. We just have to see how it pans out, undoubtedly there is a lot of damage to be repaired but there is nothing that can't be fixed in football by results and performances. It's just a case of if Cook can get enough of those to earn back the good will lost - it's possible but to be honest i think it's a high mountain to climb.

But regardless of what we all think come the summer no matter how it turns out I think Cook will be in charge the first game of next season whatever league we are in.

Surely CoW, a poster stating their stance and then justifying it is what a forum is all about. ....... and yet CoW you forgot to offer your own justification.

If it's simply blind faith, then fair enough. I must admit though, I'm puzzled by your dismissal of finances as a reason not to dismiss him. I've been one of the posters who's probably been least critical of Cook, and yet I think that the likely cost of releasing him has been a major factor why he's kept his job.

Also, Norm's right. There've been plenty of reasonable, intelligent posts on this thread.
EH what on earth does that mean

Good to see somebody talk a bit of sense 👌too many moaners for moaning sake. One of the most form teams in the league we just need to back the team and manager now and see what happens at season end! UTFT

The best for all parties is Cook keeps us up and leaves in the summer on good terms. This season has been a huge underachievement for the ambitions of this club. It’s still a toss of the coin it could turn into a disaster with relegation.

I have few issues with the 1st team squad. That’s without factoring in the talents of the youth set-up. I’d prefer next summer’s budget to go towards a high quality management team.

We may have been a family club and enjoyed the benevolence of the Whelan family. But now we need to be run as a hard nosed business, not only to progress, but for our very survival. On and off the field performances need to have consequences. This season we have failed on the field (at 1st team level) and off it in terms of building our fanbase & ‘brand’. The only area that’s been an unqualified success is the youth set-up.

Last edited:
Oh you bitch ..😉....nah, nah, our lass wud b defo gone, done, dusted n move on, but Hampton this is footy so certain leeways & indiscretions are allowed....plus the tea wud have to be foll up wi really, really tasty 'biscuits' 😂😂
To be certain Jock I was referring to a generic lass - not yours specifically 😉🤯

To be certain Jock I was referring to a generic lass - not yours specifically 😉🤯

A generic lass?

A mancunian lass comes from Manchester
A scouse lass comes from Liverpool
A cockney lass comes from somewhere south of Birmingham
A generic lass comes from ...................... Geneva ?

;)

Good to see somebody talk a bit of sense 👌too many moaners for moaning sake. One of the most form teams in the league we just need to back the team and manager now and see what happens at season end! UTFT

TBF Latics68......there are a fair few folk on here that do 'talk a bit of sense'....wether you think they're right or wrong is another thing but just because they may not be of the same opinion as u doesn't mean they're not talking sense.....imho btw

TBF Latics68......there are a fair few folk on here that do 'talk a bit of sense'....wether you think they're right or wrong is another thing but just because they may not be of the same opinion as u doesn't mean they're not talking sense.....imho btw
Jock don’t disagree tbh I’d probably had a few beers 😆 what I meant to say was a positive response as far too much megabits and cook out ! Not saying I agree or disagree and healthy debate is good though our current form can’t be questioned 3rd in form table last 6 games so we just need to back team and see where we end up. As many have realised we didn’t drop cook when we were poor/ unlucky at times so certainly won’t be now when in much better place. I don’t expect too much against West Brom though we could... we are Wigan and done so many times before. Fingers crossed I’m optimistic and feel the run in will be interesting 🔥let’s get back on the bus

Jock don’t disagree tbh I’d probably had a few beers 😆 what I meant to say was a positive response as far too much megabits and cook out ! Not saying I agree or disagree and healthy debate is good though our current form can’t be questioned 3rd in form table last 6 games so we just need to back team and see where we end up. As many have realised we didn’t drop cook when we were poor/ unlucky at times so certainly won’t be now when in much better place. I don’t expect too much against West Brom though we could... we are Wigan and done so many times before. Fingers crossed I’m optimistic and feel the run in will be interesting 🔥let’s get back on the bus
🤡 out stay up or go down get him gone.
To retain the brilliant kids on show tonight if for no other reason - get in a competent championship manager of the new 21st century who will bring the kids through and allow our club to blossom

Which bit(s) don't you understand CoW?
I understand all of it. But dont get what you mean. Do you mean that we havnt got the money to Sack Cook, if thats correct who on gods planet do you (not spefically you ) think we can afford to get in?

It wont be Allerdyce or Pulis a couple of names mentioned, both will cost a fortune we havnt got (the owners are chucking a millon a month to stop us going bust) and play football that makes Cooks look like Brazil.

And as for the reasonable argument on here. Its all the same its Cook out Cook out Cook out. Some one put a post on saying why is it so quite on here and why are people not posting.

Its got very boring thats why. Disagree that Cook should be sacked and you are called a Fisher amongst other things. you are allowed an opinion as long as its not your own.

🤡 out stay up or go down get him gone.
To retain the brilliant kids on show tonight if for no other reason - get in a competent championship manager of the new 21st century who will bring the kids through and allow our club to blossom

Since Cook is the one managing them now isnt he doing exactly what you said.
And who do you suggest comes in and play the young ones, and experinced bloke dealing with younger players one to bring them on...

We tried that and he was the worst manager we have ever had