COOK IN | Vital Football

COOK IN

SwindonLatic

Vital 1st Team Regular
Let's see what business we can do in the window as we have been severely punished for injuries and the lack of depth to the squad.

I think at least a couple of statement signings, whether they be someone like Baines coming in on loan or a half decent striker, would provide a significant lift to the squad. We just need a bit of a boost. Powell back fit and signing a new contract would also be a nice tonic.

While I accept we are deficient in two or three areas, there is often very little between us and the opposition we are facing. If we score first today, who knows how much of a boost that would have given our lads.

We have a free hit on Saturday to try a few players out and have a break from the league and also 10 days to see if we can bolster the squad a bit. I think it's up to the new guys in charge to now give the manager a bit of help when he clearly had his hands tied behind his back when trying to do business in the summer when the takeover dragged on.

Look at cooks previous signings, and ask yourself can he be trusted with any transfer funds we may have, he has got rid of players that are no worse than the garbage he has signed. I have no problem on his ability to manage a squad as I actually think he is quite good at that apart from his baffling objection to change things even though its clearly not working, but the players he has let go and the ones he has brought in to replace them leads to me to believe he should be sacked on this issue alone.

Last edited:

Difficult to defend him after the last dozen games or so. OK, there have been injuries, but other teams cope. He has assembled a side lacking in quality throughout. Obviously, on current form, we've had it. We haven't exactly looked brilliant against any of the sides below us. Decent performances have been limited. We have weaknesses throughout the team, and very few strengths. Blackburn have been doing much better with the same squad as last season. I like Cookie and his upbeat interviews, but I feel it is all hot air. We need fresh blood and more investment...now!

I wish people would stop banging on about the injuries!! Jesus Massey last season wasn’t good enough in a league below according to a good few on here? Jacobs has failed in the championship every time he has played in it, Grigg has to be fit now and doesn’t get in the team, Powell is a class above. Anything to do with the manger changing tactic, hoofing forward to a nuisance of a striker probably why there are question marks over him, why Grigg cannot get in the side but his mates can week in week out

I don't think Blackburn have had anywhere near as many injuries as us. In fact we must have had the worst luck on the injury front in the whole league. I think a lot of things have conspired against us, but like I said earlier on, I think Cook was forced to look in the bargain basement and panic buy (Garner and Windass) due to the takeover saga.

I wish people would stop banging on about the injuries!! Jesus Massey last season wasn’t good enough in a league below according to a good few on here? Jacobs has failed in the championship every time he has played in it, Grigg has to be fit now and doesn’t get in the team, Powell is a class above. Anything to do with the manger changing tactic, hoofing forward to a nuisance of a striker probably why there are question marks over him, why Grigg cannot get in the side but his mates can week in week out
Surely Boycey it is no coincidence that a team that had made an excellent start to life back in the Championship suddenly goes off the rails when it loses it's front four attackers that had been playing so well at the start of the season?

Surely Boycey it is no coincidence that a team that had made an excellent start to life back in the Championship suddenly goes off the rails when it loses it's front four attackers that had been playing so well at the start of the season?

woah you can't make statements like that mon lol

would sheff utd be in the position they are now without there top four players would they fook

The point of our “top four players” aren’t exactly the best / proven in the league we are in, why has Massey been rushed back but not grigg

Then why did the bad run start 3 games prior to the injuries? Which happened to be the start of the change of tactics.

Why did we with an injury ravaged team,
produce our best performance of the season when we dominated and beat the strongest side in the league in WBA? When for a one off occasion we reverted back to the high pressing, passing style of last season and the opening 9 matches of this season.

Yes there's areas that we need to strengthen but on a whole the squad is good enough and some of the fringe players are better than people give them credit for.

Several players out of position, key players constantly benched. Negative, long ball, slow style completely against what gets the best out of the players is the main reason and that is down to the manager. Players out of form continually getting picked regardless is another quite serious isssue.

They went of the rails as you put when they starting playing negative, hoofing it etc Robinson was awesome going forward them first couple of home games then look poor when we started being negative!