Converting vinyl to mp3 | Page 2 | Vital Football

Converting vinyl to mp3

Is that legal?

If Nobby is reading this then my suggested method is 100% legal and

tumblr_ozna6tmuPq1vg1enro1_640.gifv

It'll surprise you to hear that it isn't actually illegal to do it this way. There is of course a moral issue but morality isn't a legal issue. The legal status at the moment until any such time a federal judge says otherwise is that it is legal to convert video to mp3, but it might be illegal to download youtube videos as videos depending on if the video is copywrited or not.

It might just be easier to link to

https://www.express.co.uk/life-styl...ader-convert-youtube-to-mp3-is-it-legal-fined

In any case, since Buddha has already bought the album so can probably argue he already owns the right to the music for his own personal use from a moralistic argument. Or possibly he will see it as :finger:to the big corporations.

I'm not but if I advise someone else I would give a disclaimer - every now and then someone gets caught.

Not a chance as the conversion happens on your PC and not via the internet. As far as the internet is concerned the video is being downloaded into your PC's memory so that it streams without buffering as most people do. Youtube have never sued anyone - not even the companies that create the Apps that would enable you to do so.

Another option is to buy a "Video to MP3 converter" add on for your browser, go into YouTube and to look up "The Stone Roses full album" (for example). Start playing the first video and once starts you click on the rip button (location depends on the actual app), tell the add on to just convert the music and in usually under a minute you have an MP3 file waiting. Of course, the time it takes depends on broadband speed etc. Once you have hit the rip button for the first music video, just click onto the second song and repeat.

Quality of the rip depends on the quality of the sound on the uploaded video but you can listen to check it is a decent copy before ripping.

Good if you are happy with that quality.

A lot of this comes down to the transfer quality as different people have a different acceptance of quality levels.

If you are a hi fi level freak then a lot of transfer methods and streaming will not be acceptable. If you are used to streaming onto something of low quality playback you might have a different opinion. Lets face it some music is better on quality playback than other music.

Good if you are happy with that quality.

A lot of this comes down to the transfer quality as different people have a different acceptance of quality levels.

If you are a hi fi level freak then a lot of transfer methods and streaming will not be acceptable. If you are used to streaming onto something of low quality playback you might have a different opinion. Lets face it some music is better on quality playback than other music.

I know what you mean about the quality and what you are used to. I keep listening to the following track and can't work out if the music quality is 128kb/s, 256kb/s or lossless although I think they crank the quality down once the chap starts signing judging from the distortion :whist:

To be honest, if Buddha was that much of a quality freak then he'd probably not be looking to convert from vinyl into MP3. On the rare ocassions I have downloaded music then it has usually been decent if you are downloading from the band's youtube page. The quality can be variable if other people have ripped and uploaded.

Thanks again.

I appreciate the suggestions re Spotify and YouTube but I'm not interested in going down either of these routes.

I'm much moree of an analogue than an a digital person. For myself, I"LL always prefer vinyl. And I'm inclined to advise my boy to go down that route. I've already explained to him about the difference in quality of sound, and also about how (for me and many others) there is something to be said about owning a record (or CD) that is preferable to simply owning (or even worse, renting) an MP3 file.

I was only thinking I'd convert some of my records for him just to get him started. He's not having my actual vinyl, not until I'm dead, lol.

The idea behind the record player with conversion to MP3 facility was so that when he gets his own vinyl he'll be able to listen to it as vinyl when he's at home but also as MP3 when he's not.

Maybe I should forget about the conversion stuff and just get him a record player and some records for at home.

As I have a little channel on YouTube, where I upload music (mainly by myself & other musician friends), I bought both a Walkman-type cassette player, with pm3 conversion &, also, a record player with the same facility, with a view to uploading some recordings from old tapes. I bought them nearly a year ago, quite cheaply in the sales, but I haven't used them yet ..... The "walkman" had great reviews & only cost about £25 (if I remember correctly).