Contractual Issues ? | Vital Football

Contractual Issues ?

If is was issues related to the number of appearances, it would have to be Gilks or O'Connor - see list.

But both were subs and O'Connor came on, so it would have to be number of starts.

Maybe just a reference to Rowe, as Bristolimp says.

Goalkeepers: 3
Grant Smith (June 2020)
Josh Vickers (June 2020)
Matt Gilks (June 2019)

Defenders: 8
Cian Bolger (June 2021)
Michael Bostwick (June 2020)
Neal Eardley (June 2020)
Harry Toffolo (June 2020)
James Wilson (June 2020)
Sam Habergham (June 2019)
Jason Shackell (June 2020)

Midfielders / Wingers: 9
Lee Frecklington (June 2020)
Ellis Chapman (June 2020)
Tom Pett (June 2020)
Harry Anderson (June 2020)
Bruno Andrade (June 2020)
Michael O'Connor (June 2019 with option for further year)

Strikers: 4
John Akinde (June 2021)
Matt Rhead (June 2020)

Could be Rowe or starts for o’connor, o’connor Has played 40 odd games but not sure how many league starts he’s had.

Gilks had 12 starts but think him not playing is more about giving Vickers a few games.

I wonder if the loan contract of Rowe stipulates a payment beyond a set number of games which would have triggered today or an obligation to buy for a set fee??
Pure speculation on my part

I wonder if the loan contract of Rowe stipulates a payment beyond a set number of games which would have triggered today or an obligation to buy for a set fee??

Could be, or promotion bonus for a club or player is another possibility.

Wouldn't think its anything to do with Rowe, he said him and Shackell not available today AND one or two other contractual issues that wouldn't allow them to play the team they wanted to.

If that is true then it begs the question will he be here next season.

I doubt he would willing go and collect trophy under those circumstances.

More like he is recovering from injury and they would prefer him to have full pre-season to recover.

Same with Sam - I expect he will be offered a short deal once fit which will be extended. toffolo is first choice Sam is good back up.

It could have been o’connor but he came on.

I would guess it was one of the loan players.

If that is true then it begs the question will he be here next season.

Yes, and if he's here next season I imagine he'll be a bit pissed off (and rightly so!).

I think he will be here next year due to the rule of requiring a Lincoln player. I do think we have missed freck quite a lot this season.

If there were promotion/goal bonuses for many players, it may be that Clive saw a need to be prudent regarding additional appearance bonuses. This could be particularly so for players deemed less likely to play major roles next season.

Just as likely that players were missing due to having injuries though.

We were told by a Steward yesterday that Shackell could have his ban extended to 4 games, not sure how true this is, but if so he will miss the first 2 games of next season.

We were told by a Steward yesterday that Shackell could have his ban extended to 4 games, not sure how true this is, but if so he will miss the first 2 games of next season.
We should argue he's missed 3 this season though so only one

Yes, and if he's here next season I imagine he'll be a bit pissed off (and rightly so!).

I think he will be here next year due to the rule of requiring a Lincoln player. I do think we have missed freck quite a lot this season.
Adebayo-Smith is almost certain to get a professional contract for next season and will have been here a year by then; we also have Chapman who already qualifies, so we are ok for Lincoln players.

We have missed Freck the way he used to be, not necessarily the way he has been since he returned (frequently injured and short on fitness). I think it depends on whether they believe they can get him fully fit from now on.

If there were promotion/goal bonuses for many players, it may be that Clive saw a need to be prudent regarding additional appearance bonuses. This could be particularly so for players deemed less likely to play major roles next season.

Just as likely that players were missing due to having injuries though.
I doubt Clive is dictating selection. If he is, then it's a good job he didn't employ Paul Scholes :LOL:

I did wonder if he had his ban extended, no mention of it from the club.

I did wonder if he had his ban extended, no mention of it from the club.
The Lincs live? video linked elsewhere on this site has DC saying DR had had an injection in his knee and JS was not permitted to play as a decision on his disciplinary hearing was not yet forthcoming." Other contractual issues" was then said but without clarification

Adebayo-Smith is almost certain to get a professional contract for next season and will have been here a year by then; we also have Chapman who already qualifies, so we are ok for Lincoln players.

We have missed Freck the way he used to be, not necessarily the way he has been since he returned (frequently injured and short on fitness). I think it depends on whether they believe they can get him fully fit from now on.

Or, indeed, whether he wants to get fit and play himself.