Contraceptive Gel for Men | Vital Football

Contraceptive Gel for Men

BBJ

Father Of The Forum
I'm instinctively crossing my legs whilst reading this.....

A GEL SQUIRTED into the sperm ducts of monkeys has been effective at preventing pregnancy, offering hope of a solution for men who are reluctant to go under the knife for family planning.
While several birth control options exist for women, the race is on for a non-surgical, long-term and reversible male contraceptive without the side effects of hormonal changes.
The only short-term solutions available today are condoms, which many people complain interfere with sex, and withdrawal before ejaculation, which comes with a high risk of pregnancy.
Longer term, the sole option is a vasectomy, which involves tying or cutting the sperm-conducting tubes called vas deferens. This prevents sperm from mixing with seminal fluid ejaculated during sex.
Vasectomies can be reversed in some cases, but the procedure is technically challenging and leads to low rates of fertility.
Researchers in the United States are developing a possible alternative, dubbed Vasalgel, which has proven effective in rabbits and now also in rhesus monkeys – more closely related and anatomically similar to humans.

http://www.thejournal.ie/gel-contraception-monkeys-people-3226878-Feb2017/?utm_source=facebook_short

I think the best form of contaception is going to Villa v Barnsley on Valentines day .

It's a year's worth minimum.

sirdennis - 12/2/2017 21:13

I think the best form of contaception is going to Villa v Barnsley on Valentines day .

If there is one thing firing blanks on tuesday it will guaranteed be our forward line.

sirdennis - 12/2/2017 21:13

Yes, I've just 'reminded' Mrs JPA of this unfortunate coincidence.

Time to switch private browsing &VPN back on then for the foreseeable future.....

:12:

ha, some of the responses in this thread have nearly made me half smile (which is a high joy state for me)

:1:

Anyone had the snip?

I'm 42, 2 kids, boy and a girl so perfectly balanced.

Categorically no more.

Thought about getting the snip but not got any further than that. :10:

No Melon, not yet. No need. I just got fat and lost my hair, enough of a contraceptive to make sure I will never be in such a risky position again :7:

Whenever i think about having the snip i am put off by the fact that my neighbour had to go back to hospital after 'complications'. And a bloke i used to work with tells a hilarious though quite off putting story about having his vasectomy in a temporary building at his surgery and the door being open with a dog outside staring in as the procedure is done.

Melon Donkey - 12/2/2017 23:50

having his vasectomy in a temporary building at his surgery and the door being open with a dog outside staring in as the procedure is done.

:19:

Sounds like my kind of place.

I've 2 kids. That's enough for me.

Still, there is no way I'd get the snip. They ain't squirting gel into my knackers either.

I've 2 kids. That's enough for me.

Still, there is no way I'd get the snip. They ain't squirting gel into my knackers either.

I was sensible enough to marry a woman who went through early menopaus so after 3 kids there was no need for me to consider contreception again. Simples :17:

Anyway, they made the male contraceptive pill years ago, just put one in your shoe and it makes you limp all day.