Consumer Lifestyles - nuisance calls | Vital Football

Consumer Lifestyles - nuisance calls

Cheshire Villan

Vital 1st Team Regular
Just in case anybody else is being plagued by this outfit. I get 3-6 calls a day from them. Obviously an offshore call centre. I have insisted that they take me off their list but no luck so far. The operators can be quite abusive if you tell them that you are not interested in taking part in their survey!

I have found out that they are a subsidiary of a company called DLG based in Watford. If you ring them direct - 01923 281 700 - they will remove you from their data base.

I am signed up for TPS and this filters out most of these type of calls but very rarely some do call. I dont speak to them and I dont hang up, I just put the receiver down by the side of the phone and carry on what I was doing when they disturbed me. (They are paying for the call and this keeps thier line tied up) I think you would find if we all did this the calls would very quickly dry up. As long as they can keep on engaging you in conversation they will keep calling.

I refill in the TPS every 6 months or so as that way you are always in the loop. It is amazing some of the tricks people can use to get your no and sell on etc. so from what I was told you need to refill the form in regularly.

I'm on TPS and still get loads of those fooking automated calls and sales stuff.

And on the mobile.

Bastards. Wish there was a way to report them to the phone operator like there is spam texts.

I have a very, very loud whistle that I keep near the phone for just such eventualities. It's amazing how quick you get taken off the list when their poor little minions get burst eardrums.

HeathfieldRoad1874 - 19/4/2013 21:50

I have a very, very loud whistle that I keep near the phone for just such eventualities. It's amazing how quick you get taken off the list when their poor little minions get burst eardrums.

I always used to do what astonian suggested, but I do love HeathfieldRod1874's response to such intrusions.... excellent..... :1: