Consolidation | Vital Football

Consolidation

I think we’ll find ourselves in the chasing pack for the final playoff spot.

Top 5 to be Sunderland, Portsmouth, Ipswich, Peterborough and Rotherham in no particular order.
Spoke to an Ipswich fan who reckons lower mid table for them. They really were terrible last season.

I'm more inclined to agree with you though and reckon you're dead on there. Although maybe a closer race for all play off spots than expected.

I think we’ll find ourselves in the chasing pack for the final playoff spot.

Top 5 to be Sunderland, Portsmouth, Ipswich, Peterborough and Rotherham in no particular order.
That's where I think we will be, but we are certainly doing some good business. We might do a bit better.

one of the trump cards is the full cowley pre-season, drilling the ideas into the new players etc, turning the individuals into a team. having 19 players in already, before the first friendly, seems like we are ahead on previous seasons.

Other teams need to realise that, despite a couple of lucky signings of broken down players, we will continue to play hoof ball with the occasional fortuitous win, helped by sympathy decisions from the ref....

They should all feel secure in playing their second string players, with any reverses down to the Imps and their school teacher managers badgering the ref...............

Any decent position in the league will be pure luck and the bubble will burst next week, or the one after that, or the next one, or in a month, or next month or... or that cup run must, MUST affect their fitness levels, that bubble will burst....

Come on you Imps!!!!!! !!!! !!!©

I’d be happy with 5th from bottom.

You need to get out of the Lincoln City fan PC (pre Cowley) mode of thinking. The Cowleys don't do bottom half finishes let alone 5th bottom. Just look at the quality in our squad. Allied to the fact that DC/NC have this inate ability to pull the best out of players.

I have embraced the new Lincoln City mode. I think we will finish comfortably in the top half at the very least and could even challenge for promotion I really do. The Cowleys are destined for the top and I hope they drag us as high as possible with them!

another thing to bear in mind is that it is only their third season in the efl. one playoff, one championship, in two attempts.

undoubtedly they have lots still to learn, but they are learning at a ridiculously fast pace. does anyone doubt that this season we will be even better prepared than last season?

Spoke to an Ipswich fan who reckons lower mid table for them. They really were terrible last season.

I'm more inclined to agree with you though and reckon you're dead on there. Although maybe a closer race for all play off spots than expected.
Gone one step beyond Ipswich Fan and had a pony on them to be relegated. They were appalling last season.

Top half at the very least, after this week's business. LCFC on a charge! #UTI

I think we have to be at least aiming for a top ten. I remember looking at the L1 table last season with a few games to go, even those in higher mid table, were only three points from relegation. Food for thought.

another thing to bear in mind is that it is only their third season in the efl. one playoff, one championship, in two attempts.

undoubtedly they have lots still to learn, but they are learning at a ridiculously fast pace. does anyone doubt that this season we will be even better prepared than last season?

And the checkatrade.

I look L1 and see the big and/or money clubs - Pompey, Rotherham, Ipswich, Posh, Donny, Coventry, Sunderland, Bolton (-12 pending) and think, wow, tough season.

Then I see, and no offence to these sides and I'm not saying we'll finish above all of them, but Shrewsbury, Gillingham, Rochdale, Accy, Wimbledon, Wycombe etc and realise that whilst they are teams like the above, there's a fair share of pretty average sized ones who shouldn't really be feared.