Conor McGrandles Leaves | Vital Football

Conor McGrandles Leaves

Was expecting this after the rumours of him probably going up to Scotland. Big rebuilding job in centre of midfield now with Connor, Fiorini and Bridcutt potentially all not going to be here.

Bridcutt will be here.

Yes but we still need midfielders who will actually play most matches not just come in occasionally do well and then be injured for most of the season.

Hopefully the new Head of Performance director will help alleviate that particular issue.

Also good luck Conor and thanks for all your contributions.

Yeah bit of a shame. Good player. Also shame his last act was limping off at Accrington - I wasn't sure if his thought at that moment was, if I'm seriously injured will I be able to get a move, with my contract being up?

I got the feeling from a Stacey West blog the thought was that Sorensen was the longer term McGrandles replacement but I feel like he will have to step it up a lot, especially in terms of the robustness/niggly side of the game to adequately fill that role.

Expected with his girlfriend (I believe) having gone back to Scotland. He goes with our very best wishes after two excellent seasons with us and would be welcomed back at any time.
Will do a very good job at any Scottish Premier Club below the Glasgow pair.
Cheers Conor.

Some nice memories to look back on. He was fantastic when (wrongly basically) benched for that Sunderland away play-off, and his sub on helped turn the game and the tie.

Also when he was unleashed a bit in 20/21 and started scoring a few goals, some very well taken! I would have liked to see that developed on in 21/22 but sadly he had to play as a holding player for most of the season and we signed a lot of players to play in the attacking midfield positions!

A great signing though, not only a useful player but I think he had had his injury problems at MK Dons and turned out to be one of our more robust players! I would say (as a compliment) I always think he is older than he is because he seemed like an 'experienced player'. At 26, got plenty of good years ahead.

That's a shame if not unexpected. One of those rare genuine all-round midfielders who can do a bit of everything - link up play, get a few goals here and there when given licence to attack but also able to put a tackle in. Not easy to replace.

He's a very good player for this level. If he's going to play in the SPL then he'll be one of the best midfielders in it.

It's a shame he's going as he's one of the few from last season you could say would definitely be worth a place in August, but it happens all the time so hey-ho.

Not surprised that McG has gone. Perhaps it is an indicator his injury is healing well. I hope so; hopefully it will not hinder his career.

Thanks for the performances and good luck in the future.