Conor Chaplin | Page 3 | Vital Football

Conor Chaplin

If it was to happen with us, it would have done by now. A good sharp player all the same. Championship and above quality? That is the issue.

Tend to agree dedmans to be honest. However, unless we secure a loan signing he'll surely not go anywhere after all?

So, after the weeks – or is it months even?! – of speculation surrounding Conor Chaplin, we’re seemingly at the end game.

Click here for more.
As much as I like Connor.. the lad does seem to have an attitude problem. This isn't the first time he's shown a degree of petulance. Its not a one off!

He's local produce, and undoubtedly has talent.. so.. why hasn't he been played regularly? Maybe its because, actually, he isn't as good as he's cracked up to be. Doesn't train well.. Or.. he really is a pain in the ar$e that no manager wants in his team.

My verdict.. if he really was a superstar I think he'd be played. No matter what, and who the manager was. That isn't the case so move him on..

Gotta say I agree corny, tbh. Do think perhaps his 'superstar status' from a few years ago went to his head perhaps?

I like Chaplin, not because he's local, because I thought he was a star in the making, but I don't think Cook and Jackett could both be wrong could they... both haven't used him too much.

Good luck to him, but NOT too much luck.

Gotta say I agree corny, tbh. Do think perhaps his 'superstar status' from a few years ago went to his head perhaps?

I like Chaplin, not because he's local, because I thought he was a star in the making, but I don't think Cook and Jackett could both be wrong could they... both haven't used him too much.

Good luck to him, but NOT too much luck.

Well Rug.. we've had talented players come up through the ranks before and let them go. Connor's not the first, and won't be the last either. I do think its a shame when its one of your own, because a little bit of sentimentality can creep in, local boy playing for his team and all that.. but.. :hmmm:

Mind you.. here we are deciding his future and he hasn't gone yet.. !:lol:

Has now. Do think it'll benefit all concerned in the end, just a shame how his Fratton time ended...

I WILL cover his exit after the weekend, just been swamped with work and visiting friends and family past two days, on my days off.

I actually think Conor Chaplin was a bit of an enigma. Sometimes he was at the front of all things creative, and at other times he appeared (to me anyway) to go missing.

His bringing on as an impact sub seemed to get the best out of him. Others will disagree rigorously with that view of him, insisting he should have had far more starts. I personally think Connor was too diminutive to take on the roll he was asked, he got knocked off the ball too easily in my opinion.

I wish him all the best with his move to Coventry. I hope he proves me and my thoughts wrong..

I get what you're saying Corny, he certainly struggled to make that impact as a starter didn't he? Coming off the bench he scored a few goals last season didn't he?

In the right pairing, which isn't something he's been afforded at Fratton in recent years, he could do well, but he can't really lead the line alone can he and struggled to be effective playing on the win as an extra forward.

Like you, wish him well at Coventry, but as I've said, not too well!