Connor Roberts under-performing | Vital Football

Connor Roberts under-performing

swans87

Vital Youth Team
Fair play to him, he's admitted to being off form lately and he's not wrong. Hasn't stood out in a while and i don't know why, he's played a lot of minutes

“I think at the start of the season I was playing well, I scored a couple of goals and was getting forward a lot more. But I think as a team we had maybe stalled a little bit in recent weeks, and my performance has done so along with that.

“I have not been as good as I would like and that means I have been disappointed lately but it’s about getting on with it, keeping a smile on my face and making sure this does not last long and I can forget about it and move on to the next game and performing to the level I know I can.
“I can’t deny I have been disappointed with how I am performing, but you have to keep on plugging away and hopefully the good times will come back.

I agree, he's been poor lately. Average but also poor performances as well. He doesn't seem to be involved in our attacks as much lately but I think opposition teams are not giving us much space down the wings. He was better tonight though and almost scored with a decent effort from long range.

At least with Roberts you’ll get 100% effort, more than can be said for the likes of McKay who refuses to tackle and did his walking act again tonight, but somehow he still continues to get picked.