Connor Ogilvie | Vital Football

Connor Ogilvie

Pleased for those players. Ogilvie (and Jack Tucker) improved massively under the current management.

Particularly good to see Jack Bonham getting recognition. I think a lot of us thought we’d struggle replacing Tomas Holy. But it sounds like Jack has had a very good season and is a lot more dependable. A solid defence needs a solid, confidence building keeper behind them. We have one. Well done Jack.

Notice that all the defensive position winners did not include departed Captain Max Ehmer. He was good, but arguably only our 3rd/4th best defender last season.

Notice that all the defensive position winners did not include departed Captain Max Ehmer. He was good, but arguably only our 3rd/4th best defender last season.
I wonder if the captaincy might be another reason for Ehmer's departure. If Evan's wants or has to recruit a younger side we almost certainly need a stronger captain.It can be a bit of a messy business. IE like it was with Crofts for example. If it is the case that we were going to bring in another captain anyway then I fully understand Ehmer's departure. Not that I believe he won't be missed unless replaced with someone as good or better.

Well done Connor very well deserved. His goal of the season was a great finish.

As for the chairmen being too busy to address the fans then that's shocking if true (not seen the video mysrlf). In other businesses if you treat your customers with contempt then they go elsewhere . That won't happen with football fans but its no way to treat us. Compare that to the way evans has communicated with fans during the season / covid.

Let's hope he has something important to say. He needs us on side more then ever.

#inthistogether

Well done Connor very well deserved. His goal of the season was a great finish.

As for the chairmen being too busy to address the fans then that's shocking if true (not seen the video mysrlf). In other businesses if you treat your customers with contempt then they go elsewhere . That won't happen with football fans but its no way to treat us. Compare that to the way evans has communicated with fans during the season / covid.

Let's hope he has something important to say. He needs us on side more then ever.

#inthistogether
Must say, I don’t like the swathing "for the sake of it" criticism of PS but that’s a very fair post 👍

#inthistogether
You say that but I know two ex season ticket holders who did just that .One a south Londoner who still had his heart elsewhere admittedly. Who joins a friend who does private commentary for a blind supporter at Ebbsfleet.Another who now watches Chatham both are down to Scally. Sorry they are not the majority but they are a significant number of fans .Many including Scally will tell them to sod off .But we need all fans not just the ones that tick every box that Scally or anyone else puts in front of them.A lot of Chairman are not ideal I get that but Scally seems to go out of his way to be mistrusted by fans and this a a perfect example of why.The die hard fan will never support another team.But they can stop going altogether.But for some including myself can watch any team at a lower level just for the football. Having a friend who is a very good non league referee has meant I have been to quite a few local grounds and games over the last few years.

Last edited:
We will always lose a few but the vast majority will be very tolerant of anything the club does because we are emotionally attached.

What really annoys me is that it would be so easy to put a message out on social media. It wouldn't take an hour to do.

"Dear supporters I just wanted to update you on what's happening behind the scenes.......blah, blah. In terms of refunds on last years tickets please bare with us as we struggle through these difficulties. If anyone is in desperate need of a refund please call ............ we hope most of you will forgo any refund as cash is the lifeblood of any business and as you can imagine we have precious little income.

We are working on our safety plan's to permit fans into the ground as soon as we can. We believe that initially we are limited to approx ..........

Steve is working hard on recruitment and will update you regularly as he has throughout the summer (he's made me look really crap at communicating though hasn't he ! I know I need to do better and will do).

In terms of external investment....

In terms of the new stadium..........

We all need to stick together during these times.....

I committ to giving you a fortnightly update even if there is nothing new to report....

We are in this together

Love and kisses Paul"

Its that easy and that's why it's annoying that he doesn't.

Let’s not turn the celebration of the player of the year into yet another whinge fest.
You don’t like Scally. We get it
You don’t like Evans. We get it
You don’t rate Ryan Jackson. We get it

Remember your Mum saying, if you can’t say something nice ?

Its a forum shotshy people post opinions, some you will agree with some you won't. Skip over the ones you dont agree with. Incidentally you only got 1 out of 3 right. I think evans is the best manager we have had since allen and I think jackson will be an upgrade on fuller in terms of attacking contributions.

Your last sentence is true but would make for a bland message board.

Congratulations Connor!

He used to piss me off and I thought he was shit. But he has obviously improved loads and deserves the recognition he's now getting. Hopefully he will have another good season and will be an important player for us again.

Its a forum shotshy people post opinions, some you will agree with some you won't. Skip over the ones you dont agree with. Incidentally you only got 1 out of 3 right. I think evans is the best manager we have had since allen and I think jackson will be an upgrade on fuller in terms of attacking contributions.

Your last sentence is true but would make for a bland message board.
Wasn’t aimed at you mark.
It was for our resident anti Evans poster 👍

Congratulations Connor!

He used to piss me off and I thought he was shit. But he has obviously improved loads and deserves the recognition he's now getting. Hopefully he will have another good season and will be an important player for us again.

Hope you are right Bud but I really can't see him wearing Gillingham blue next season. We should get offers and I can't see us saying no.