congratulations | Vital Football

congratulations

Well done the Latices fans never doubted either of you. And well done to Paul Cook for having the insight to change both players position when needs must.

Yet he still got booked and should have received a second yellow early in the second half for hauling someone down on the edge of the box.

But didn't, thankfully.

So that leaves us with smiles all around and a big pat on the back for Mr Naismith as we celebrate his inclusion in the Championship team of the week:clap:. Same goes for young Mr James, although he should be in it pretty much every week!

I'm sure that all of us enjoy seeing our players get credit when they've done well:thumbup:

I think what this proves is that a couple of poster's are to stubborn to give that little bit of praise to anything positive about the club

UTFT

Got to say that it must have been a bad week in the championship if they got in team on the week on the performance at the weekend. I'm not a Naismith hater and like everyone regard James very highly but they were the best of a bad bunch on Satruday and no one really shone. I'd say Sat was one of Reece's lesser performances for us overall, so funny week to include him but not other weeks.

Tbh i always doubt someone watches every game in the championship to work out who should be in team of the week, i think half they time they just go off the 30 seconds of highlights you get on Quest on a Saturday night.

To be fair Martinez, the man has a point.

Saturdays performance was hardly exhilarating.

Neither player was particularly impressive so as to be team of the week material.

To be fair Martinez, the man has a point.

Saturdays performance was hardly exhilarating.

Neither player was particularly impressive so as to be team of the week material.

Hang on a minute. On Saturday you said he had a great game, Thursday night you say he wasn't particularly impressive. It's okay though, you're entitled to change your mind ?

Hang on a minute. On Saturday you said he had a great game, Thursday night you say he wasn't particularly impressive. It's okay though, you're entitled to change your mind ?
Yeah....... I thought I might get picked up on that. ??

To be fair, he was great within the context of the rest of them........ but not team of the week great.

Do I get away with that? ?

Yeah....... I thought I might get picked up on that. ??

To be fair, he was great within the context of the rest of them........ but not team of the week great.

Do I get away with that? ?
He did well when pushing up but would he have made this imaginary side if he had been sent off. I don't think he could be as lucky again.

Well that could have been awfully embarrassing for more than one of us if wasn't really the case.

Note to self; don't believe anything posted on a forum without checking first:ooops:

I do hope fans will join with me and congratulate Kyle Naismith on his selection in the championship team of the week along with Reece James
What team of the week?

Just checked, some unofficial stats related site with no traffic at all. They seem to base their logic on xG, which would have been utterly skewed by the fact that we played over an hour against 10 men, allowing Naismith to go forward without any opposition. He didn’t absolutely nothing important in the game though, which of course it what matters!

The phrase “clutching at straws” seems to come to mind from this thread.