Congratulations Wycombe | Page 2 | Vital Football

Congratulations Wycombe

I honestly thought it was nailed on for Oxford to win the final, given that they had overcome Pompey in the semis, have one of the strongest teams in the division and have been very, very good this season.

Clearly Wycombe had other ideas and have now made it to the second tier of English football for the first time in their history, bringing back memories of 20 years ago when we achieved our own holy grail.

Personally, I think they may struggle but will make key additions to their side and might well do the 'unthinkable' and will probably take comfort from our first season in the Championship, when we finished 13th and took four points off of Palarse- they hated making that short trip from South London to play us after that year- and beat Blackburn at Ewood Park mere months after they were relegated.

So well done Wycombe and Big Bayo, and don't listen to all the doomsayers!

Bayo has signed new one year contract! Good luck to him!

Bayo has signed new one year contract! Good luck to him!

I cannot believe it. I like the guy but he’s not even up to L1 standard.

When we played Wycombe with him in the side, it was almost like we were playing with an extra man when we were in possession. The back 4 could stoke it around comfortably in the knowledge that Bayo is so immobile.

Granted, his presence causes oppositions problems if you can play the ball directly to him in an attacking area of the pitch. I just don’t think that is enough for L1 or the Championship.

I think that this is a contract offered by the board when they’re on the crest of a wave rather than for pure footballing reasons.

I cannot believe it. I like the guy but he’s not even up to L1 standard.

When we played Wycombe with him in the side, it was almost like we were playing with an extra man when we were in possession. The back 4 could stoke it around comfortably in the knowledge that Bayo is so immobile.

Granted, his presence causes oppositions problems if you can play the ball directly to him in an attacking area of the pitch. I just don’t think that is enough for L1 or the Championship.

I think that this is a contract offered by the board when they’re on the crest of a wave rather than for pure footballing reasons.

Lol 😂
Bayo is 38
The size of a double wardrobe
Used sparingly as a sub
But still got more goals last season than Hanlon .
I reckon they gave him a contract because he’s great to have around.
Good vibes 👍