Congratulations to Poch | Vital Football

Congratulations to Poch

Spursex

Alert Team
Last night won his second trophy with PSG and now turns his attention to their last game where he might clinch the League as well.

Of course, he'd then be a triple winner.

Maybe he'll regret managing a club in the ultra-competitive PL and being labelled 'mentally weak' and not a 'winner'...

nah, I doubt he even thinks about too.

His duck is well and truly broken and with PSG's history of sacking managers who don't win the CL, I wonder if they'll give him next season or replace him?

Farmers league. Sorry not impressed. Tuchel did a lot of the work which you failed to mention.

He also failed, which you failed to mention.

He took over a very disgruntled side with huge fan anger and primadonna's making all sorts of demands.

All now quelled and against a backdrop of massive injuries.

But who's counting, right?

He also failed, which you failed to mention.

He took over a very disgruntled side with huge fan anger and primadonna's making all sorts of demands.

All now quelled and against a backdrop of massive injuries.

But who's counting, right?

Tuchel got sacked before the final didn't he? Pretty sure it was one of Poch's 1st games.

Considering what Tuchel has done with the chavs in a short period of time I know who I would rather have.

Tuchel got sacked before the final didn't he? Pretty sure it was one of Poch's 1st games.

Considering what Tuchel has done with the chavs in a short period of time I know who I would rather have.

what's he done = picked up a squad with near £300 mill spent on in the last two seasons LOL!

Lost a final he should have won, may lose the next one and finish 5th.

yep, he's done really well in an incredibly difficult job (sarcasm).

Despite the cup wins, not winning Ligue 1 will hurt. Lille's opposition, Angers, have lost 3 on the bounce and I'd be shocked if they don't win the title.

Poch needs to think carefully about how he gets his PSG squad ready for next season. He needs to buy carefully, especially in the defensive areas. He should also raid Lille and weaken them. That's what Bayern always do to their nearest rivals (e.g. Lewandowski, Nubel, Goretzka, Upamecano etc)

But we all know Poch is a nice guy. Hope he does well there.

I think he forgot to nett it off lol!

I did.....think I got to about £80m going out the other way. Not sure what we got for Sess, Skipp, Foyth loan fees so perhaps a little more.

Any way you look at it, it is still an impressive investment in players. Just wish it could become the net spend run rate for every year. It clearly can't yet.

Judging a manager based on half a season isn't reasonable or ethical, but, if Poch doesn't at the very least win Ligue 1 and go close in the CL next season, he'll be leaving next summer. I'm inclined to think that if he survives next season he will be a huge success there.

Another successful leaver. Just to cheer people up a bit more, here's a list of players in the last 10 years who have left us and gone on to win something. Maybe we can add Trippier and Foyth to this list at the end of the season.

Dimitar Berbatov: 3x EPL, 1x Club World Cup, 1x League Cup
Robbie Keane: 3x MLS Cup, 1x MLS Supporter’s Shield
Teemu Tainio: 1x Eredivisie, 2x Finnish League, 1x Finnish Cup
Young-pyo Lee: 2x Saudi Arabian League.
Kevin-Prince Boateng: 1x La Liga, 1x Serie A, 1x German Cup
Hossam Ghaly: 4x Egyptian League, 1x Egyptian Cup, 1x CAF Champions League, 1x CAF Confederation Cup
Adel Taarabt : 1x Portuguese League, 1x Portuguese Super Cup
Tomas Pekhart: 1x Czech League, 2x Polish League, 1x Israeli League, 1x Greek Cup
Didier Zokora: 1x Spanish Cup
Kyle Walker: 3x EPL, 1x FA Cup, 4x League Cup, 2x English Super Cup
Paul-José Mpoku: 1x Belgian Cup
Bongani Khumalo: 4x South African League, 1x South African Cup
Roman Pavlyuchenko: 1x Russian Cup
Vedran Ćorluka: 1x Russian League, 4x Russian Cup, 1x Russian Super Cup
Simon Dawkins: 1x MLS Supporter's Shield
Luka Modrić: 4x UEFA CL, 2x Spanish League, 1x Spanish Cup, 3x Spanish Super Cup, 4x FIFA Club WC, 3x UEFA Super Cup
Rafael van der Vaart: 1x Danish League
Gareth Bale: 4x UEFA CL, 2x Spanish League, 1x Spanish Cup, 2x Spanish Super Cup, 4x FIFA Club WC, 3x UEFA Super cup
Jermain Defoe: 1x Scottish League
Clint Dempsey: 1x MLS Cup, 1x MLS Supporter's Shield, 1x US Open Cup
Tomislav Gomelt: 1x Romanian Cup
Paulinho: 1x Spanish League, 1x Spanish Cup, 4x Chinese League, 1x Chinese Cup, 2x Chinese Super Cup, 1x AFC CL
Benjamin Stambouli: 1x French League, 1x French Cup, 1x French League Cup, 2x French Super Cup
Federico Fazio: 1x Europa League
Vincent Janssen: 1x Mexican League
Georges-Kevin N'Koudou: 1x Turkish League
Christian Eriksen: 1x Italian League
Fernando Llorente: 1x Italian Cup

think our current squad have a fair few honours between them with former clubs too lol.

As for Poch, I'd say he'll get a pass to next season as we all know pre season is where he finds that extra gear in some players and half a season isn't enough to really judge him on, though you never know with their owners. He'll be disappointed at losing the league (most likely outcome) and coming close but no cigar in the CL but hopefully bought himself the summer to bring about some changes.

He needs to win the CL next season to be proud of his achievements there, otherwise he's just another guy winning the low hanging fruit silverware with the most expensively assembled team in the competition. I for one hope he cracks it.

Another successful leaver. Just to cheer people up a bit more, here's a list of players in the last 10 years who have left us and gone on to win something. Maybe we can add Trippier and Foyth to this list at the end of the season.

Dimitar Berbatov: 3x EPL, 1x Club World Cup, 1x League Cup
Robbie Keane: 3x MLS Cup, 1x MLS Supporter’s Shield
Teemu Tainio: 1x Eredivisie, 2x Finnish League, 1x Finnish Cup
Young-pyo Lee: 2x Saudi Arabian League.
Kevin-Prince Boateng: 1x La Liga, 1x Serie A, 1x German Cup
Hossam Ghaly: 4x Egyptian League, 1x Egyptian Cup, 1x CAF Champions League, 1x CAF Confederation Cup
Adel Taarabt : 1x Portuguese League, 1x Portuguese Super Cup
Tomas Pekhart: 1x Czech League, 2x Polish League, 1x Israeli League, 1x Greek Cup
Didier Zokora: 1x Spanish Cup
Kyle Walker: 3x EPL, 1x FA Cup, 4x League Cup, 2x English Super Cup
Paul-José Mpoku: 1x Belgian Cup
Bongani Khumalo: 4x South African League, 1x South African Cup
Roman Pavlyuchenko: 1x Russian Cup
Vedran Ćorluka: 1x Russian League, 4x Russian Cup, 1x Russian Super Cup
Simon Dawkins: 1x MLS Supporter's Shield
Luka Modrić: 4x UEFA CL, 2x Spanish League, 1x Spanish Cup, 3x Spanish Super Cup, 4x FIFA Club WC, 3x UEFA Super Cup
Rafael van der Vaart: 1x Danish League
Gareth Bale: 4x UEFA CL, 2x Spanish League, 1x Spanish Cup, 2x Spanish Super Cup, 4x FIFA Club WC, 3x UEFA Super cup
Jermain Defoe: 1x Scottish League
Clint Dempsey: 1x MLS Cup, 1x MLS Supporter's Shield, 1x US Open Cup
Tomislav Gomelt: 1x Romanian Cup
Paulinho: 1x Spanish League, 1x Spanish Cup, 4x Chinese League, 1x Chinese Cup, 2x Chinese Super Cup, 1x AFC CL
Benjamin Stambouli: 1x French League, 1x French Cup, 1x French League Cup, 2x French Super Cup
Federico Fazio: 1x Europa League
Vincent Janssen: 1x Mexican League
Georges-Kevin N'Koudou: 1x Turkish League
Christian Eriksen: 1x Italian League
Fernando Llorente: 1x Italian Cup
You can add Trippier, Foyth and Capoue now to this list