Congratulations to Jules | Vital Football

Congratulations to Jules

Absolutely! Well done Jules I know I along with virtually everyone on this site appreciate the effort you and all the admin team put in to keep this disparate community of online Imps chatting together.

A monumental effort not to mention the £1000's you have donated to the club which we all know you aren't obliged to do. Top effort and huge appreciation from me so many of your fellow Imps.

Some people fail to understand that Jules gives every penny he earns through this site to the club in various ways, yet there is no obligation to do so. I reckon he has given away around £25,000 in that time - to understand that fully, how many of us could have afforded to lose that sum of money from our personal wealth?

However, his achievement goes way beyond money. It is worth mentioning that, besides the huge volume of work that ten years represents (91,100 posts and counting), the operation of the site has been very demanding for Jules. He has been obliged to deal with some very unpleasant characters in that time, some with agenda that fall outside of what most of us would deem reasonable human behaviour, and those individuals have taken their toll in several ways.

There is always a difficult line to draw between what is acceptable and what is not, and in my opinion Jules has used his judgement very sensibly to deal with some of the mindless garbage that has been thrown at him. With the exception of a tiny number of posters, Vital Lincoln City is a relatively safe environment for people of all ages, colours and creeds to visit, and we all have an obligation to ensure that continues. A brief visit to the majority of football fan sites can produce some frightening results, and Jules has shown courage and skill in avoiding a similar fate for this one. That is his biggest achievement and the reason why this site still exists.

Well done Jules, a great milestone indeed.

And a huge thanks for steering this ship through tricky waters to keep us all posting and reasonably pleasant to each other - no mean feat.

Come on you Imps!!!!!!

Great work Jules. As someone who hasn't lived in the Lincoln area for a long time and only gets to matches here and there this site is really the main way that I keep in touch with what's going on with the club, so although I'm not really the most prolific poster the site is important to me and I really appreciate the hard work keeping it going, so massive thanks.

10 years - that’s an incredible achievement. It’s hard enough committing to anything of this nature for 10 years but when it involves all the stresses and strains it’s worse than doing a job you don’t like (excluding the fact it’s about our favourite club). All credit to you Jules - you deserve a bloody medal, or at least a holiday 👏👏

Great work Jules. As someone who hasn't lived in the Lincoln area for a long time and only gets to matches here and there this site is really the main way that I keep in touch with what's going on with the club, so although I'm not really the most prolific poster the site is important to me and I really appreciate the hard work keeping it going, so massive thanks.

I'd echo all that too.
Highly useful for those of us elsewhere in the wider non-Lincolnshire world.

I know I seem to annoy Jules (probably/certainly others too) but 100% well done to him on all he does here.