Congratulations to Boris | Page 9 | Vital Football

Congratulations to Boris

Came out fighting and bought himself sometime. Very strong retort to Starmer, who looked furious when Boris landed some blows back. I thought his head was going to explode. He did make some valid points about delivering brexit, the vaccine rollout etc

There is little doubt there is culture problem within that workplace if as the report says they’re all getting pissed in the office on a regular basis. Some of the stuff is pathetic such as him eating a piece of cake, though I think the most damning stuff will be the basement drinks, which it seems he wasn’t present at. As for the party when Cummings left - given most in Labour, the left wing media had been after his head for years I suspect it wasn’t the only one held that day.

I think it’s all a wake up call for him and I now think he’ll ride this out. Whether he sees it through to the next election I’m not so sure.

Blows back? Give over. The Jimmy Saville comment was disgraceful and vehemently repudiated by Nazir Afzal.

Well done Theresa May.

Superbly well done Ian Blackford.

Delivering Brext ? FFS .....how exactly have we benefitted? ......... and why is there still the NI issue given Johnson said his over ready deal sorted it?

The issue isn't about eating cake ....... it's about lies and trust.

He's a goner. ........ I was out by a couple of months, that's all.

Last edited:
Wasn’t the Saville comment factual? (Didnt catch full statement) He didn’t prosecute him. Bit like the Rotherham abusers if I remember rightly as he deemed there was insufficient and the case was later reopened by Afzal. As for the humble crofter, given his boss publicised a heavily redacted report into her own conduct in regards breaching the ministerial code and misleading the Scottish Parliament its somewhat hypocritical. Still good on the Chorley lad for kicking him out.

Anyroad I think he’s now secure short to term medium term, particularly as it isn't in the national interest to have a no confidence vote and leadership race when the focus will need to be on Russia and the likely Ukraine war. Given how he deals with that and the polling numbers will determine his long term future heading into the next election.

Afzal said that at the time, there was insufficient evidence, and there was no call to prosecute him, and therefore no decision to be made by Starmer.

I completely get the Ukraine/Russia argument, but that means that we have to trust a PM who's lied on such trivial things (besides all the other stuff like Brexit, Afghanistan withdrawal, Wallpaper, Arcuri affair, & shitloads of other issues) to lead us into potentially WW3 .............. and this is the man who wouldn't release the Russia Report.

The bloke wouldn't even answer if he was there for the party in his flat ......... and I see he's already been made to say the full report will be published, even though he wouldn't commit to that in Parliament.

He's a shambles ......... but we all knew that just from HIGNFY, being ripped apart by Hislop years ago.

I have to say, the funniest part was Lindsay Hoyle smacking down the female Tory MP getting up to criticise the opposition for spending too much time debating parties, by reminding her that it was Johnson's own statement.

Didn’t pay too much attention after Blackford, was just the same questions and the same answers. Certainly the Police enquiry has done him a favour by buying him time - and I don’t envisage any result on that soon, particularly if they elect to issue FPNs and those people elect to not pay it and have it heard in court.

Regardless I suspect the media campaign to force him out will continue, though as I said old Vlad may provide him with a welcome distraction.

Ian Blackford was possibly given too many chances to retract his statement, but fair play to him for standing his ground. Boris' retort about "getting Brexit done" and the vaccine roll out just shows his contempt of the British public. It smacks of I can do what the hell I like so long as I get my results. His giggling during Blackford's speech was embarrassing and disrespectful. His office is under police investigation and that should be grounds for at least suspension.

Unfortunately I think Boris escapes again though. As Starmer stated, it's down to the Tory back bench to act and very few were willing to vocal oppose his behaviour. Kudos to Theresa May and Andrew Mitchell For speaking up

The thing is, he has quite clearly lied ... inadvertently or not !

He's said there were no parties. He's said that all rules were followed at all times. By the very fact that Sue Gray has passed on details of 12 of the 16 parties to the Met illustrates that parties did in fact take place, and rules were indeed breached.

At the very least, he should have retracted those previous comments, and the fact he didn't means that Blackford is completely justified.

It's like Trump in the US ........ he's lied about so many things, that some stuff gets dropped by the roadside, as it's yesterday's news. Not this time though.

:LOL:

There's summat wrong with the system though when in the HoC, you can't say that someone has clearly and obviously lied, whilst that same liar can make defamatory statements about the LotO ... and ones that his snivelling invertebrate deputy, Lord Chancellor and Sec of State for Justice won't repeat outside of parliamentary privilege.

Came out fighting and bought himself sometime. Very strong retort to Starmer, who looked furious when Boris landed some blows back. I thought his head was going to explode. He did make some valid points about delivering brexit, the vaccine rollout etc

There is little doubt there is culture problem within that workplace if as the report says they’re all getting pissed in the office on a regular basis. Some of the stuff is pathetic such as him eating a piece of cake, though I think the most damning stuff will be the basement drinks, which it seems he wasn’t present at. As for the party when Cummings left - given most in Labour, the left wing media had been after his head for years I suspect it wasn’t the only one held that day.

I think it’s all a wake up call for him and I now think he’ll ride this out. Whether he sees it through to the next election I’m not so sure.
Excellent, it's all fine and dandy in MiW's head

Wasn’t the Saville comment factual? (Didnt catch full statement) He didn’t prosecute him. Bit like the Rotherham abusers if I remember rightly as he deemed there was insufficient and the case was later reopened by Afzal. As for the humble crofter, given his boss publicised a heavily redacted report into her own conduct in regards breaching the ministerial code and misleading the Scottish Parliament its somewhat hypocritical. Still good on the Chorley lad for kicking him out.

Anyroad I think he’s now secure short to term medium term, particularly as it isn't in the national interest to have a no confidence vote and leadership race when the focus will need to be on Russia and the likely Ukraine war. Given how he deals with that and the polling numbers will determine his long term future heading into the next election.
It is SAVILE

Here is a way for you to remember it, Jimmy Savile was VILE