Congratulations AFC Barrow | Page 2 | Vital Football

Congratulations AFC Barrow

As I recall, our bus broke down in Strood, we eventually got there hours late, the match had to be abandoned in fading light with us seven down, we asked for the result to be cancelled in favour of a replay, with the inevitable response. Happy days.

Wow, that was a long, long coach ride, especially back in the 60`s. Cap doffed to you TRM.

Latest news on Barrow, they have apparently turned down a buy out fee for IE, they had wanted 250K and Bolton's offer fell well short.
l am not surprised as I was under the impression they were skint.

Latest news on Barrow, they have apparently turned down a buy out fee for IE, they had wanted 250K and Bolton's offer fell well short.
l am not surprised as I was under the impression they were skint.

Thing is, Evatt`s ambitious profile with Barrow is very limited. Club like Bolton, with probable new owners and/or apparent new investment, and an upward outlook (!) could not only pay IE well but, as they progress upward, as they surely will, IE`s profile rockets up also. An unhappy manager is the last thing that Barrow need, suspect they`ll have to let him go.

[QUOTE="LancsGordoRoad, post: 2322557, they have an extremely capable manager in Ian Evatt - won`t be long before he`s managing a top flight club. Barrow home to Bolton Wanderers - oh my !

His next club will be Blackpool.[/QUOTE]

Heard today: apparently Blackpool have asked their players to take a 60% pay cut !