Congratulations AFC Barrow | Vital Football

Congratulations AFC Barrow

Expect wind burn
My best mate back in Kent is from Barrow but when he moved down, started going to Maidstone and has a season ticket there.

Boooooooo !

Looks almost certain that AFC Fylde will be relegated from the National League down into the NL North. Disaster for them, having started the season as favourites to win promotion to the EFL ! I`ve been along to a fair few of their games since moving up here and, despite having enjoyed my introduction to the entertaining National League, seriously doubt I shall watch them at all in the NLN next season. If L1 morphs into regional divisions then I`m afraid I shall be having more and more Saturdays without live footy. I might have to move abroad to watch all the Gills games on iPlayer ! Anyway, congratulations to Barrow, they have an extremely capable manager in Ian Evatt - won`t be long before he`s managing a top flight club. Barrow home to Bolton Wanderers - oh my !

I remember watching Gills playing Barrow, Workington and Southport !

For some reason I thought that the last time we played those clubs was in the early 60s and I was going to say that I'd had no idea you were such an old gimmer! ;-)

But I've just done some checking and we were still playing them in the early 70s (Workington even up until the 1973/4 season).

Own up then apart from those 3 who has also seen at Priestfield, Bradford Park Avenue, Accrington back in the early 60s, and Gateshead?

[QUOTE="LancsGordoRoad, post: 2322557, they have an extremely capable manager in Ian Evatt - won`t be long before he`s managing a top flight club. Barrow home to Bolton Wanderers - oh my ![/QUOTE]

His next club will be Blackpool.

[QUOTE="LancsGordoRoad, post: 2322557, they have an extremely capable manager in Ian Evatt - won`t be long before he`s managing a top flight club. Barrow home to Bolton Wanderers - oh my !

His next club will be Blackpool.[/QUOTE]

Could be, Whitstable; he`s in the mould of Sean Dyche. Hot property and has a bright future.

[QUOTE="LancsGordoRoad, post: 2322557, they have an extremely capable manager in Ian Evatt - won`t be long before he`s managing a top flight club. Barrow home to Bolton Wanderers - oh my !

His next club will be Blackpool.[/QUOTE]

Word on the street is that Evatt will be the next Bolton Wanderers manager. Good for them and good for him; Wanderers will be back on the launch pad.

As I recall, our bus broke down in Strood, we eventually got there hours late, the match had to be abandoned in fading light with us seven down, we asked for the result to be cancelled in favour of a replay, with the inevitable response. Happy days.

For some reason I thought that the last time we played those clubs was in the early 60s and I was going to say that I'd had no idea you were such an old gimmer! ;-)

But I've just done some checking and we were still playing them in the early 70s (Workington even up until the 1973/4 season).
His highness Wilks scored a hattrick (yes Nobby) v Workington in a 4 0 win 73/4 (including a back heel). Also remember a 1 1 v Barrow when I missed winning the golden goal comp by 5 seconds on my ticket (1971?).

As I recall, our bus broke down in Strood, we eventually got there hours late, the match had to be abandoned in fading light with us seven down, we asked for the result to be cancelled in favour of a replay, with the inevitable response. Happy days.

If I recall it correctly John Simpson was being sick in the back of the net as Barrow scored their seventh.

Just to add salt into the wound, "I think we fined for our late arrival".