Confessions of prejudice | Page 7 | Vital Football

Confessions of prejudice

• Thread starter Villan Of The North
  • Start date
I quite like to see people in love express their feelings as long as it isn't people virtually eating each others faces whilst I'm eating!

Probably just jealousy from me! I remember doing a Tom Ross interview one Friday night. I was outside a bar talkin football. Looked to one side and a couple were snogging in a car. Looked away and another couple were snogging on a bench.

And there was this sad old git talking about Aston fecking Villa.

Just live and let live, life is so much more bearable

The Fear - 10/7/2013 20:19

I quite like to see people in love express their feelings as long as it isn't people virtually eating each others faces whilst I'm eating!

Probably just jealousy from me! I remember doing a Tom Ross interview one Friday night. I was outside a bar talkin football. Looked to one side and a couple were snogging in a car. Looked away and another couple were snogging on a bench.

And there was this sad old git talking about Aston fecking Villa.

Just live and let live, life is so much more bearable

Oh come here and gis a big kiss ya big softy :97:

After nine years of being with the Mrs them days of snogging in the car and benches are long gone them couples must be newbies, now i prefer a quick sharp harp tbh :8: :17:

Villan Of The North - 10/7/2013 09:03

How incredibly ironic, over six pages of replies and, from what I can see, I'm the only person, the first poster mind, that has actually confessed to any real form of prejudice (and no, a dislike for something is not a prejudice, I don't like some foods but I'm not prejudice, I have no problems with others eating them or them being around, I just don't like how they taste)

It seems my fellow vital Villans are either incredibly enlightened (really?) or either lack the courage or the self insight to confess them on here.

Personally I believe it's a lack of self insight, people really don't like to admit things about themselves that might be seen as worthy of criticism.

Not sure that is right mate.

I often say I don't really like camp stuff, but am I prejudice against them? Not really, or not all of them, as I've not met them all! I am not keen on it, I don't quite understand it, so maybe you could say I am prejudiced but then, I am not really 'against' as in, I don't think it should be banned, or shunned or whatever. I don't quite understand it, but I would be more than open to an open conversation with someone 'acting' camp to get the understanding.

I also expressed a dislike of the elite, upper class of this country, they make me angry, but I am sure it can't be all of them. Is it a prejudice or a dislike? Not sure i am that worried about the definition.

I dislike the underclass who thinks the country owe them a living and who won't work. It is a growing society I think. But I'd not dismiss them all.

So no, I don't really, in my humble, think the replies are ironic?

Obviously, like most threads, a lot of it is the usual tongue in cheek stuff as well mate.

I will ponder a little more but I have said a good few times over the years I don't understand the people who say they hate 'all' of any section of society, be it colour, religion, disability, sexual preference or whatever.

Makes no sense to me to dismiss a whole section or country.

The Fear - 10/7/2013 20:26

I will get me coat, looks like I've pulled!!!!!!

:19: You deserve a good woman dude, i would offer you mine but i said a good woman not a nagger jesus weeps when she kicks off :10:

Villan Of The North - 10/7/2013 20:20

Are you prejudice against marching bands Bob? lol

LOL. I don't think I've ever even seen one in real life. Do they still exist?

If I really didn't like them, I would just stay away, not moan on a Forum about them. I'd also have a Beer, with any members old enough to do so, after they finished.

As Fear says, life is too short, and if you think people celebrating their life in Public is forcing any views upon you, then you are seriously narcissistic. It's not for you - walk away.

Lol. Not sure i could handle having anyone move into my space after all these years Clive ! I miss certain parts but the nagging etc would not go down well these days!!!

The Fear - 10/7/2013 21:26

Villan Of The North - 10/7/2013 09:03

How incredibly ironic, over six pages of replies and, from what I can see, I'm the only person, the first poster mind, that has actually confessed to any real form of prejudice (and no, a dislike for something is not a prejudice, I don't like some foods but I'm not prejudice, I have no problems with others eating them or them being around, I just don't like how they taste)

It seems my fellow vital Villans are either incredibly enlightened (really?) or either lack the courage or the self insight to confess them on here.

Personally I believe it's a lack of self insight, people really don't like to admit things about themselves that might be seen as worthy of criticism.

Not sure that is right mate.

I often say I don't really like camp stuff, but am I prejudice against them? Not really, or not all of them, as I've not met them all! I am not keen on it, I don't quite understand it, so maybe you could say I am prejudiced but then, I am not really 'against' as in, I don't think it should be banned, or shunned or whatever. I don't quite understand it, but I would be more than open to an open conversation with someone 'acting' camp to get the understanding.

I also expressed a dislike of the elite, upper class of this country, they make me angry, but I am sure it can't be all of them. Is it a prejudice or a dislike? Not sure i am that worried about the definition.

I dislike the underclass who thinks the country owe them a living and who won't work. It is a growing society I think. But I'd not dismiss them all.

So no, I don't really, in my humble, think the replies are ironic?

Obviously, like most threads, a lot of it is the usual tongue in cheek stuff as well mate.

I will ponder a little more but I have said a good few times over the years I don't understand the people who say they hate 'all' of any section of society, be it colour, religion, disability, sexual preference or whatever.

Makes no sense to me to dismiss a whole section or country.

I'm not saying everyone or any one person in particular is prejudice, I just find it unlikely that so many people have read through this thread and not one of them harbours any prejudice. Therefore I conclude that people are either not willing to expose themselves or lack the self insight to even be aware of their prejudices.

They probably know I'd ban them if they came on and said 'I hate all........'

Lol

:17:

The Fear - 10/7/2013 20:32

Lol. Not sure i could handle having anyone move into my space after all these years Clive ! I miss certain parts but the nagging etc would not go down well these days!!!

I know what you mean dude, its weird when your single you seem to notice everyone else mates strangers etc in love or courting and feel left out a bit i remember that but as soon as you fins someone and fast forward years later you then start looking at fellow blokes going out enjoying life and having fun more lol you can not win dude either way,

I hope to hear you have a special someone soon dude, you are a gentleman and someone out there will be lucky to have you but they ain't taking you away from Vital noooo sireeee sorry they ain't having that part of you aswell thats all ours!!
:17: