Compulsory Face Masks In The Supermarket | Vital Football

Compulsory Face Masks In The Supermarket

• Thread starter Deleted member 13556
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 13556

From 24th July! I can still go to a crowded pub without one though!

F ridiculous. Not needed in supermarkets, maybe in small shops but maybe not.
Anyone with half a brain knew masks should have been worn from day one even if you only have a cold but no gov says - not needed.
Now they want to suddenly impose it where its not needed and not impose it where it is needed.

Should have said shops and supermarkets, but even so!

Wonder how many of my customers will wear them, I suspect not much more than 50%.

Bit annoying I'll have to wear one too whilst working.

From 24th July! I can still go to a crowded pub without one though!
If the landlord is doing his job, the pub shouldn't be crowded and he should be providing table service so no need for a mask.
Mrs Nobby and I went to Greenwich yesterday and EVERY pub/bar/restaurant we saw were adhering to these rules and it worked really well. The place we went for lunch had an online queueing system where you register on their website and they ring you when your table is ready so there was no physical queue and all of the tables were "socially distant".
It was a very pleasant experience and made our first meal out since lockdown well worth the wait.
Those who didn't fancy waiting seemed to be getting takeaways and were eating them in the park. There was no rubbish left and everyone was having a great time, just like the old days. I just wish the people who visit Greenwich could educate the scum that go to the beaches 😕
As for masks, I cant help but laugh when people come out with quotes like "every idiot knows we should have been wearing masks from the start" (even though the WHO said they had no value) and when you ask if they've been wearing one, the answer is invariably "No".

Is it too much to ask that some people stop complaining about every decision the government make. :unsure:
Making people wear masks in shops at the end of July is like your misses asking you to start wearing a condom when she is 5 months pregnant. It's an absolute nonsense, once again Boris is pandering to his voters - the old

As far as I understand it, the mask does not protect you but should protect those nearby. In fact, if the other person has Covid and passes it to you, it can stick to your own mask which, as it gets wetter from your droplets, can be inhaled in to your system.

For that reason, I have not wanted to wear one until everybody in the whole area is also required to wear one, which will shortly be the case.

Making people wear masks in shops at the end of July is like your misses asking you to start wearing a condom when she is 5 months pregnant. It's an absolute nonsense, once again Boris is pandering to his voters - the old
Face covering has been advisory for some time now, the mistake Boris made is believing the public would act on common sense advice without enforcement.

I think we have a right to comment on everything this inadequate Government does as most of their pronouncements are not clear or late. From test, trace and isolate to the latest on face marks they have not the resources to administer them ( what's worse, they know it).

If one thing they are good on it rhetoric, but never any action to back it up.

As I understand it wearing a mask is to stop you from passing it on to others. Only top quality medical ones can help prevent you from contracting. Although it is highly commendable how many people have made themselves or obtained home made masks there is a simple test, so I am told, as to their effectiveness.. Hold a lighted match one foot from your face and blow out a breath. If you blow out the match the mask is pretty much useless.

What is common sense?

I was slagged off on this site for not liking MacDonald's. To me that is common sense not to like it.

A wonderful excuse for the government to get people to blame each other if thos goes even more tits up. Sometimes the public need to be told what to do through firm leadership. The t#at "leading" us is too reluctant to do anything that might be unpopular. Then, eventually, we are told after most of the damage has been done.

Mistakes in this crisis are inevitable but this lot are consistently shambolic.

Face covering has been advisory for some time now, the mistake Boris made is believing the public would act on common sense advice without enforcement.

Well I haven't worn a face mask once, and I haven't died yet. Common sense is to keep your wits about you and look after yourslef, not to start wearing a mask months after we came out of lockdown.

Supermarket staff will try to 'encourage and explain' to people who refuse to wear them, but won't be able to enforce it (that's the official company line from the supermarket that my niece works for). Only police will be able to do so, with the possibility of a £50\100 fine. Well that'll be fun, we don't see a policeman from one week to the next around here!

Well I haven't worn a face mask once, and I haven't died yet. Common sense is to keep your wits about you and look after yourslef, not to start wearing a mask months after we came out of lockdown.
That is a dumb remark given the mask mainly protects others from you.You may ot may not be the most vulnerable who knows if their actions since the virus started might have caused others to be infected or even die.As you can have it with no symptoms we are told.This seems very believable given the spread of this virus.

Supermarket staff will try to 'encourage and explain' to people who refuse to wear them, but won't be able to enforce it (that's the official company line from the supermarket that my niece works for). Only police will be able to do so, with the possibility of a £50\100 fine. Well that'll be fun, we don't see a policeman from one week to the next around here!
Shops have the right to exclude customers.I would think some will enforce that right.