Compton To Play For Worcester... | Vital Football

Compton To Play For Worcester...

davem

Vital Squad Member
Just seen on the BBC website that Nick Compton is to play for Worcester in their match against Oz. Now the guy isnt going to play in the first test. So why take the op away from one of the young lads in the Worcester set up at testing their self against a Test side.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cricket/23076230 :13:

I guess they are keeping Compton up their sleeve in case of injuries.

Besides no batsmen of Worcester would be a challenge even for the Aussie bowlers. :17:

Love watching the cricket, one day and 20/20's can be so exciting but then, so can a good test match.

Can't wait for the Ashes!

Test matches are fantastic. I much prefer them.
I agree the shorter forms are good fun. But I'm a purest.

Yup, 20/20 especially is more that, just 'fun' and no harm in a bit of fun.

A good test match, when you really have the time to settle in and see good chunks of it, can be very engrossing (and the commentary very relaxing!)

They all have their place for sure.

Yes they do , but test cricket should always be given priority.

It's a long long time sine I have seen a live test match days play.

They are getting quicker and quicker anyway, bet not many of the Ashes games go to a 5th day this summer!

Compton was a great player but considering he died back in '97 I would think it a little optimistic to expect him to have any real influence on proceedings :17:

The cricket world cup i luv watching, used to luv watching the old test matches in the 90's when ahem too ill for school against the West Indie's with Gooch Ramprakash Hick Russell and the Ambrose and Walsh deadly bowling and stairing at the batsman whilst trying to knock there heads off with a bouncer lol them was the days