Competing with Notts County | Vital Football

Competing with Notts County

Metal Imp

Vital Newbie
Free balloon modelling and popcorn for families is offered at the Notts County vs Yeovil match. How can we compete with this? I am not surprised they were tipped to win the league.

We’re not far off that nonsense in that Fan Zone of ours so I wouldn’t be too quick to take the piss.
I am all for encouraging families to attend and I think the fan zone is an excellent idea. I was noting how Notts seem to be having difficulty in tempting fans to Meadow Lane. Sorry if the thread gave the wrong impression

They're doing a £10 ticket deal already this season.

Their Chairman loves an offer to skew their attendances.
I'm sure that £10 has only been set with both immediate and longer term commercial considerations. Any attendance associated kudos is a bonus and who gives a toss if the Imps are below them and others in bums on seats.

What on earth is going on?! I genuinely thought they would be our main challengers for the title but Nolan is proving to be hopeless, even with the biggest budget in the League.

3-0
yeovil have had 20plus attempts on goal, v high number for an away team.
ex-notts man gives away a pen, and ex-mansfield man hemmings misses it. comedy.

plus the sound of 5,000 balloons deflating in nolan's face.

There’s 2000 junior Imps paid a tenner each just for the card. That nonsense is the future generation of supporters ? moron

You must be confusing this site with Banter Johnny. Calling a fellow Imp a moron for posting an opinion is a great way to make friends for a newbie.

There’s 2000 junior Imps paid a tenner each just for the card. That nonsense is the future generation of supporters ? moron
Maine Road, like his moniker, is a bit of a dinosaur who prefers terraces and a good ruck to the sanitised experience we have these days.

Personally, I love seeing the kids and families around SB, it's the future generations and hopefully experience less rubbish and trauma than we contempories of dear old MR86 have in our lives as Imps. If the fanzone entails doggy shaped balloons but gets kids hooked for life, bring on that irrritating squeaky balloon sound.

You must be confusing this site with Banter Johnny. Calling a fellow Imp a moron for posting an opinion is a great way to make friends for a newbie.

I’m genuinely traumatised as well. Perhaps I can visit the Fan Zone on Tuesday and get a nice cuddle.

Am I and do I indeed? Interesting quote from an anonymous source on an internet message board.
Purely based on previous evidence, and as I've been posting on here and it's predecessors for as nearly as long as this new fangled interweb has been around, I'll refute the anonymous bit ta very much.