Commuting | Page 3 | Vital Football

Commuting

Takes me 22 minutes to get to work. but i do leave at 6:15. Of i left at 8 it would take me an hour at least. so dont take me long but if ive had absolute zero sleep that 22mins is pure hell

I go to the office about once a week - just under an hour up the A55. If I have no meetings I work from home. Otherwise I'm on the road anywhere in the North of England form Cheshire/Derbyshire upwards. I also work on the Subsea industry so up to Aberdeen frequently in which case I fly. In the car I play music off my Walkman and sing to my hearts content! Or Radio 4 for an occasional break - mainly the comedy at 6.30 and addicted to The Archers!

CDX_EIRE - 3/2/2014 04:30

Something you guys should consider is listening to podcasts or audiobooks during your commute...

It could change your life and make the trips much more enjoyable... Try it... You can get free trial of audible.com which allows to have one free audiobook to see what its like...
Also there is a website with 100s of free audiobooks, I think its on coursera but not sure...

Try it guys trust me...

I downloaded Walden because I couldn't find the actual book in Malaysia. There is a tinny sound to the voice and it annoys the shit out of me. I do listen to Football Weekly and Bill Burr sometimes.

68 miles each way 5 days a week. That's roughly 3 hours a day driving.

I don't mind driving. I just switch off and get lost in some music or talksport, but if there's traffic it does my nut in. 3 hours a day is plenty without having to spend additional time sat in a jam.

Have been thinking more and more that enough is enough now and I should start looking for something closer to home. Finding it all too tiring. I'm getting home and just falling asleep on the settee which is not like me at all.

Costs a bloody fortune too. Having to service my car every 5 months, petrol, tyres, just general wear and tear. Not great.

About 30 seconds for me. Out of lounge of bedroom and into the office (second bedroom skeggy)

Tires me out at times but needs must.

Barney2004 - 3/2/2014 13:43

James06 - 3/2/2014 13:35

Villan Of The North - 2/2/2014 18:49

Villan57 - 2/2/2014 19:40

It takes my partner 20+ mins to get the two miles to the City Hospital by car so I know where randy stand is coming from .
It sometimes takes her 30 mins to get home

If that was me I think I'd walk it then, a nice bit of exercise and the journey would take about the same length of time.

I take it you're not too knowledgable on the area surrounding City Hospital Ian?

I wouldnt advise anyone to walk around there unarmed!

wouldnt walk a dog around there...

Its only a few streets away from 'benefit street' so theres an insight to what its like in that area. Shit hole.

but saying that, I would still walk... its only down the Dudley road.

It's about 15 minutes drive each way for me. Once a week I go to our branch which 45 minutes drive and I consider that to be far way. I used to walk to work but we moved last year to be closer to my daughter's school.

Usually takes me about 50 mins to do the 20 mile journey to work. I do go around the country visiting as well. Just this week I did Edinburgh and back (Aldershot) on Tuesday and yesterday Colchester and back. I don't mind the travelling but i do hate traffic.