Community Festival of Lincolnshire Football Match Thread | Page 4 | Vital Football

Community Festival of Lincolnshire Football Match Thread

Just got back from Northolme- it is so difficult to give opinions on players who have played their first pre season game. More a match training session to improve fitness than anything BUT...

First Game

Shed load of triallists with only Smith, Bolger, JAS, Andrade and Akinde starting.

Adebayo Smith looked extremely lively, very quick and a very nice touch. He played up front with Akinde in the first game (on the left with Bruno on the right)

Big John does what he does- creates problems, chased down defenders and made a general nuisance which really assisted JAS in creating space.

Bruno looked a little off the game today (it was only Lincoln United as well) so there may be something else there pending.

Bolger looked confident and strong particularly in the air.

Triallist at CB with Bolger looked very assured, strong, fast and in control. Haven't a clue who he was though.

The other triallists left me a little "meh"- right back did make some overlapping runs, particularly 2nd half but no-one stood out forme.

2nd game
Full Imps team including Morrell, Payne, Grant, Core back 4 (Toffs, Eards etc), Anderson, Rhead, Chapman with Vickers in goal.

Thoughts?

Chapman is a different player- much more confident, stronger, more skilful. The confidence means he is assured in going forward, some of his longer passes were excellent.

Morrell- on this showing, is an excellent addition. Seemed to have great movement, vision and speed. Liked his play a lot.

Payne- shows glimpses of skill which led him to higher levels and has a great left foot, Always looking to shoot.

Grant- one game, showed what he has potential to do. Quick, skillful etc. Played on the left with Toffs and occasionally they were not quite on the same page as Toffs and Andrade but it was the first game!

Anderson looked fitter and stronger physically- very proactive play throughout. Looked good, Maybe he knows he'll be fighting for his place.

Solid at the back without much really to trouble them.

First time since a long time ago that the gulf in class between us and our non league neighbours has been so evidence. We, against very lower league opposition, oozed class today.

Issues?

No Pett so not sure what that is about?

Not sure where Rheady fits in to the new style then again I'm not sure where Big John does either.

Team need time to build up the relationships which will make overlapping play more fluid,

Ball was moved with zip today- less passages of play across the back 4.

JAS was player of the first game
Morrell controlled the middle and looked player of the second game

Genuinely excited about today BUT next weekend will show how much of the gap we have bridged when the Owls come.

Only disappointment? Probably about 650 Imps fans there today (max)- thought we might see a few more with the new signings.

Thats my views anyway

Just got back from Northolme- it is so difficult to give opinions on players who have played their first pre season game. More a match training session to improve fitness than anything BUT...

First Game

Shed load of triallists with only Smith, Bolger, JAS, Andrade and Akinde starting.

Adebayo Smith looked extremely lively, very quick and a very nice touch. He played up front with Akinde in the first game (on the left with Bruno on the right)

Big John does what he does- creates problems, chased down defenders and made a general nuisance which really assisted JAS in creating space.

Bruno looked a little off the game today (it was only Lincoln United as well) so there may be something else there pending.

Triallist at CB with Bolger looked very assured, strong, fast and in control. Haven't a clue who he was though.

The other triallists left me a little "meh"- right back did make some overlapping runs, particularly 2nd half but no-one stood out forme.

2nd game
Full Imps team including Morrell, Payne, Grant, Core back 4 (Toffs, Eards etc), Anderson, Rhead, Chapman with Vickers in goal.

Thoughts?

Chapman is a different player- much more confident, stronger, more skilful. The confidence means he is assured in going forward, some of his longer passes were excellent.

Morrell- on this showing, is an excellent addition. Seemed to have great movement, vision and speed. Liked his play a lot.

Payne- shows glimpses of skill which led him to higher levels and has a great left foot, Always looking to shoot.

Grant- one game, showed what he has potential to do. Quick, skillful etc. Played on the left with Toffs and occasionally they were not quite on the same page as Toffs and Andrade but it was the first game!

Anderson looked fitter and stronger physically- very proactive play throughout. Looked good, Maybe he knows he'll be fighting for his place.

First time since a long time ago that the gulf in class between us and our non league neighbours has been so evidence. We, against very lower league opposition, oozed class today.

Issues?

Not sure where Rheady fits in to the new style then again I'm not sure where Big John does either.

Team need time to build up the relationships which will make overlapping play more fluid,

Genuinely excited about today BUT next weekend will show how much of the gap we have bridged when the Owls come.

Only disappointment? Probably about 650 Imps fans there today (max)- thought we might see a few more with the new signings.

Thats my views anyway

you can always rely on one of the 'Trinity Tiddlers' to provide a report on the Imps. thanks Strangely.

First Game

2nd game

Thoughts?

Issues?

Thats my views anyway
Good turnout for me, I don’t normally bother pre season.

who are these geezers? I think the guy heading is Harriman, the guy in yellow looks to be Otim, but not sure who the other is.

otim is a midfielder.
fella in the bib:
"Standing at 6’3″, Edobor is primarily a central defender who is also capable of playing at full back."
http://www.maidstoneunited.co.uk/2018/12/jarvis-joins-for-a-month/

anyone that can play in two or three positions is good for us.
(and why isn't harriman jumping for those headers?)

otim is a midfielder.
fella in the bib:
"Standing at 6’3″, Edobor is primarily a central defender who is also capable of playing at full back."
http://www.maidstoneunited.co.uk/2018/12/jarvis-joins-for-a-month/

anyone that can play in two or three positions is good for us.
(and why isn't harriman jumping for those headers?)

Just found his name too- only 19!

Thought, on one 60 minute game, he looked quality. If we wanted a CB backfill then taking him on loan would seem good business to me.

BUT DC/NC havent got anything wrong so far this pre season so I'll trust in whatever they do as best.

Frecklington will probably go down as the worst signing the Cowley,s have made. Costing us a fortune in wages and never available

Freck started last season brilliantly but wasn't the same after the Port Vale keeper nearly took his head off last October.
Worst signing is always difficult to analyse when you've had 3 seasons of incredible success and I get what you say about wages but there is no doubt he offers so much as a team leader off the pitch as on which has been a very big part of that success

Just found his name too- only 19!

Thought, on one 60 minute game, he looked quality. If we wanted a CB backfill then taking him on loan would seem good business to me.

BUT DC/NC havent got anything wrong so far this pre season so I'll trust in whatever they do as best.
no loan, as his contract at brentford is finished according to this:
https://www.transfermarkt.com/jarvis-edobor/profil/spieler/642543

otim, Wollerton and edobor all have the same agent. coincidence?

DC hinting that most remaining signings will be loans, not really surprised with that, can only see 1 or 2 more permanent signings unless there are outgoings,

DC hinting that most remaining signings will be loans, not really surprised with that, can only see 1 or 2 more permanent signings unless there are outgoings,
Snap mate, the likes of Grant and Payne will be on decent wages along with others already here.
Danny's mantra is quality over quantity 100%

Frecklington will probably go down as the worst signing the Cowley,s have made. Costing us a fortune in wages and never available

When he has played he has often been inspirational. And don't forget he scored the goal that took us to Wembley for first time ever.
For me, Freck has been a top signing.
Sadly injuries may be finishing him off now hence the new midfield signings.
I'm sure if he is unable to keep playing to his best, he will move into coaching for us. A wealth of experience that cannot be lost.