Commonwealth Games Bham 2022 | Page 2 | Vital Football

Commonwealth Games Bham 2022

But neither of those are sports in the true sense 67, and yes the mix has been decent across the last decade and a bit I believe. Bucking the trend of the thread, plenty of women are also moaning about it falling down the rankings.

It's a skill, not a sport though and I say that as somebody who done both when I was younger and more interesting lol

But neither of those are sports in the true sense 67, and yes the mix has been decent across the last decade and a bit I believe. Bucking the trend of the thread, plenty of women are also moaning about it falling down the rankings.

It's a skill, not a sport though and I say that as somebody who done both when I was younger and more interesting lol
Tell that to the toxophilites of the world

So you are now in a position to decide what is a sport and what isn't a sport?

Well, I'm actually in the position of sitting on my backside.

But by counter, that's the position you're taking dude. It's personal opinion surely, sport implies personal conflict with one winner where skill/determination comes out on top. Not self conflict where the battle is with yourself.

I believe someone has introduced Disco Dancing (as an alternative to team aerobics) as a sport - that's not a sport either. Dancing full stop, is not a sport.

And either way, I'm still right. It's about the £££££'s - that's all that matters. Anything else is redundant. If it doesn't create ££££ it's out.

Well, I'm actually in the position of sitting on my backside.

But by counter, that's the position you're taking dude. It's personal opinion surely, sport implies personal conflict with one winner where skill/determination comes out on top. Not self conflict where the battle is with yourself.

I believe someone has introduced Disco Dancing (as an alternative to team aerobics) as a sport - that's not a sport either. Dancing full stop, is not a sport.

And either way, I'm still right. It's about the £££££'s - that's all that matters. Anything else is redundant. If it doesn't create ££££ it's out.

I am no dude and i am not taking any backside position. You are as entitled to your opinion as I am. Are you saying that Athletics Field Events are not sports for example.

sport implies personal conflict with one winner where skill/determination comes out on top. Not self conflict where the battle is with yourself.

So are you actually saying that any event to be a 'sport' has to incorporate real-time confrontation with other competitors?

Jesus 67 lighten up, surely you've been around long enough now to know me.

Not sure where you got backside from, I said 'counter' because you are defining what a 'sport' is based on your own beliefs, and I actually said, it's personal opinion.

And no, not quite sure how you got that determination from my words when I categorically stated competition with another is key to sport is beyond me - I won't say dude, I'll say mate.

But if you are talking about long jump et al, no, that's not 'sport' for me. It's skill but the competition is in your mind. I certainly don't mean to demean it as a skill, but for me, sport is 2+ competition (whether physical or mental). If you're only battling with yourself, that's not sport.

It's a skill and one you can value and appreciate, but not sport.

So are you actually saying that any event to be a 'sport' has to incorporate real-time confrontation with other competitors?
For me yes. Otherwise where is the real competition. I don't particularly like it, but Esports at least has a 2+ conflict. If you're just battling to beat your previous best solo score, it might be competition, but it's not sport, in my humble.

To levy it up, if it helps you understand my outlook. Take long jump (again already said it's a skill and I'm not demeaning it) but I'd have them all start on a shot so they were competing against each other, not themselves.

I've got no problems with that 67 - as said, it's opinion - I enjoyed the chat. Enjoy your night mate, I'm off myself now. Take it easy.

You see, that's the problem, I am taking it easy, simply expressing my [strongly held] views which surely is the lifeblood of such a forum.

Let's give out some more medals whilst we are at it then - how about a few to those have sanctioned the dam building spree in the upper Mekong which will ruin the livelihood of millions in Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Cambodia and Vietnam for example. How about a few for those supressing peaceful demonstrations in Hong Kong.

Dam building in the upper Mekong? The Commonwealth Games has really expanded its remit since I last watched it!

work it out will you

I've been having a good think on it and I believe you aren't really talking about the Commonwealth Games, are you?

Are you just having a moan?

I'm sure you are aware that happiness is a state of mind rather than a condition caused by external factors.