Commonwealth Games Bham 2022 | Vital Football

Commonwealth Games Bham 2022

villasince67

Vital Football Hero
So the idiots in charge have decided to exclude shooting from the programme. Absolute boneheads and it has for sure upset that rather important member of the Commonwealth - India, not to mention a whole host of other countries.

This follows a previous equally ridiculous incompetent decision to exclude Archery [where Aston Hall was a proposed venue].

I simply cannot relate to these idiots in charge. Both Shooting and Archery are most definitely included for the next Olympics in Tokyo [2020].

Still - well done to the Commonwealth committee for excluding them [should be massively beneficial when it comes to UK looking to get new trade deals :lol:].

Also congratulations are in order to the very same boneheads for including beach volley ball, womens cricket & para table tennis.

Last edited:
That seems odd, not read anything on it, but surely to goodness they should hold events for all the established sports.

And now the Commonwealth Games Federation have announced that there will be more more women's than men's medal events. :shake::hmmm:

And now the Commonwealth Games Federation have announced that there will be more more women's than men's medal events. :shake::hmmm:
Genuinely why does it matter? Were there complaints when men dominated?

Will we look at colour, associated gender next? Maybe voting preference? What about dominant hand?

We see 'sports' culled and added all the time, at the moment there's a greater growth for women's sports. Next time around I guess it'll rebalance out as they find out what people are attracted to (and makes the most money) as that's what it's about.

What will people pay to watch. Nothing more, nothing less.

Genuinely why does it matter? Were there complaints when men dominated?

Will we look at colour, associated gender next? Maybe voting preference? What about dominant hand?

We see 'sports' culled and added all the time, at the moment there's a greater growth for women's sports. Next time around I guess it'll rebalance out as they find out what people are attracted to (and makes the most money) as that's what it's about.

What will people pay to watch. Nothing more, nothing less.
You bet there were complaints, this is so called PC going overboard

Minority sports don't sell 67 - I'm not saying I don't agree with you, but it's all about the £££'s now.

Men dominated sports for a long time with few complaints, now there is a change people think they are losing their sport just because non males are being included and encouraged.

It's sport. It's either entertaining or it's not. Doesn't matter if they are male/female, doesn't matter if they like males/females or both, and it doesn't matter if they are missing body parts and so on. It's not about PC 'gone mad' it's about a changing world and the world is demanding change, because it £££££'s.

I can't stand the Olympics and that ilk. I love the paralympics. Able bodied man being able to run fast is not an achievement for me. It adds nothing to the planet.

As for table tennis, I raise you Will Bayley.

They should give each woman a medal for the historical discrimination they have faced.
Let's give out some more medals whilst we are at it then - how about a few to those have sanctioned the dam building spree in the upper Mekong which will ruin the livelihood of millions in Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Cambodia and Vietnam for example. How about a few for those supressing peaceful demonstrations in Hong Kong.

The more we can get people to participate in sport the better , and if the Commonwealth Games does that , which I am sure it will then great.

Not sure why some think the people it has to inspire should be male , but hey ho. I am glad views like that are the minority.

The more we can get people to participate in sport the better , and if the Commonwealth Games does that , which I am sure it will then great.

Not sure why some think the people it has to inspire should be male , but hey ho. I am glad views like that are the minority.
Have you EVER even looked at the gender participation split in sports like Archery and Shooting?