commerative GFC 125 years certificate. | Vital Football

commerative GFC 125 years certificate.

I don't want to knock a gesture by the club but seemed a strange thing to do. Might have been better to have allowed people who REALLY wanted one to register for one on line and have them posted (fan pays postage). I do wonder how many will end up littering the streets of Medway (council will be pleased) tonight. Hopefully it didn't cost us a lot to print.

Its good that we marked the 125 years but a certificate by "the order of Paul Scally" seemed a bit off the wall to me.

I might frame mine though :-)

He seems to be on a bit of a charm offensive, he's posted a message on the OS thanking the fans for their support during the Burton game. In days gone by, he would have moaned about those who didn't go so it's good to hear him praise those who did with no sting in the tail of the message.

Agree with feelgood factor. I also saw that message to the fans Nobby. Good stuff.

And I don't think just over 5k is a bad turn out for a first game, v opponents with a small away following and no attraction for Gills fans (not being unkind to Burton, but the likes of Sunderland, Charlton, Southend, etc would generate a lot more interest).