Comments From Wolves Fans | Vital Football

Comments From Wolves Fans

Our Kids Dad

Alert Team
Staff member
I fancy our chances against the tricky trees, more now that Brazil has been replaced with the dour Karanka.

Forest are a young and inexperienced side, who are now having to adapt to Karanka's methods. I've got a feeling that we could thump these. 2-0 at H-T, then floodgates open - 6-0 at FT.

Let's not get too cocky.

Their young lad Dowell is the one we have to stifle tomorrow.

As a young foolish yute in the 70's, I used to love attending matches home and away. Nottingham was not a pleasant to visit. Their neanderthal supporters were helped by their rather partizan police force, both determined to thump anyone who didn't speak funny. I can't wait for us to give them a good hiding. They deserve it.

Coaches parked on the opposite side of the river with running battles taking place post match. There was a time you could walk freely from the Trent end right round the side of the stadium, very loose security.

Forest haven’t won in six and have the worst form in the division. No shots on target from wolves. Fans beginning to boo...Promotion and Europe no longer quite as certain as it was three weeks ago.

Forest humiliating Wolves. Can't even get near the ball.

Today was always touch and go. I was bewildered by the confidence on here after recent displays. We have been largely mediocre for weeks and have a starting XI that is exhausted.

WHAT a disappointment. Lost midfield. Little guile. Too 'same', even when Forest should selves to be more than capable of dealing. And this is a Forest team that hasn't beaten anyone in this league for months.... They came with a plan. They pressed us high, but then - once we had got to last 40, they became very compact. A couple of tackles unpunished, and one that on other days would surely have been a red?

We made it so easy for a Forest side who have not won any of their last 5/6 league games.

As the last five minutes arrived Forest, started playing keep ball to chants from their supporters "We're taking the p..s, we're taking the p..s". This chant had followed up an earlier one of "You must be shit we're winning away".

In fairness they probably earned their day in the sun (snow). Despite us having 63% of the possession we finished up with nothing and we were perhaps lucky to get that.

Wolves enjoyed plenty of the ball throughout the game, but Forest created clear openings. The first goal had a bit of luck about with Dorrell's effort deflecting past Ruddy, but Cavaleiro didn't cover himself in any glory with a poor headed clearance moments before. The second goal soon followed, Wolves guilty of giving Osborn too much time to get his effort away.

I can barely remember the Forest keeper having to make a save, that's how much pressure Wolves put on his goal. At the other end Ruddy was made to work, and he also tipped another Forest over.

Fair play to Forest, beaten us well today.

Didn’t help matters by playing into their gameplan by only really trying to do things from out wide, mind. I’ve lost count of how many times we’ve got the ball out wide and had a cross in blocked by the first man. Their defenders have happily eaten those up all day.

Fair play to Forest, beaten us well today.

5 shots the whole game with only 1 on target. We're not going to win many with stats like that.

I don't think there is even an argument that Forest parked the bus they did a lot more going forward than we did. It's the final 3rd we are struggling with, which has been a theme in games that we haven't scored early on. Today is a very bad day at the office, Forest should be praised though they defended excellently albeit they are very lucky indeed to finish with 11 players.

Forest did a real job on us today so fair play to them.

Forest were a better version of Sunderland today and we looked tired and struggled to create.

Forest did something of a number on us, Karanka had them well organised and once that second went in we never looked likely to get back it.

Forest forced us to play wide and this is a problem. Our wingbacks can be our biggest strength or weakness and today it was definitely the latter. Not a surprise both were hauled off at halftime.

I had completely forgotten Karanka was managing them now. That actually makes me feel a little better about the match. Enthralling football he may not play, but you can't say he isn't a very good organizer.

Forest did a job and a good one. They took Leo out of the game and denied us chances to create and we had no plan b to play. Today was the first time we missed an alternative option from the bench in the striker position.

Forest were obviously very well prepared for this game. Very noticeable in the first half that they were touch-tight to Douglas when we had the ball, but left Doherty in acres of space. Meant that Doc got a lot of balls played to him but his poor crossing meant it amounted to nothing.

We created very little all game. Forest looked pretty good on the ball first half, got their goals and then went 'full-on Karanka' second half. Can't complain at the result in the slightest, my only issue would be the standard of officiating that I thought was poor today.

I don't accept that today was 'one of those days' or that Forest 'did a Sunderland' on us, I think that's unfair to them. They came to have a go and had a few reasonable chances before the goal and although the first was a fluke you couldn't say it wasn't coming. We didn't force a save last week and can't remember one this.

Very frustrating against a well-organised but very limited Forest side (although I thought Brereton was impressive).

We could be playing all weekend and we wouldn’t have scored.

Forest were bang average and not well organised, thats how poor we were.

To be honest even though we were crap and struggled to create, they didn’t deserve to win. They were a carbon copy of Sunderland. Ultra defensive and they created **** all. A total fluke and a gift. They set up to defend all game, foul players and time waste. How that **** Fox wasn’t sent off for throwing the ball onto the pitch I’ll never know.

If that deserves to win a game then I must look for different things in a team. Anyway I can’t be bothered to discuss them as they are irrelevant. No one gives a **** about them, and it looks like they don’t even have any fans of their own to either. Less than 1500 on a Saturday afternoon to a game that’s local is **** poor. A poxy club who bar a couple of freak seasons are back where they always were and will be. 2nd rate.

Fox? The Worrall tackle from behind was as clear a red as you'll ever see.

Forest were shocking in atmosphere considering they were beating a top side in the championship and only sung at the very end when they knew they had won.

Main verdict:
Nuno 0 Karanka 2.

Personally - I do quite like these threads, but sadly the original thread was frozen & moved - due to some quite frankly unacceptable behaviour.

I really should not have to remind adults how to conduct themselves - we are supposed to be like minded fans that support the same team - so no need to bring personal insults like those seen, onto the forum.

Ignore, PM or just meet up and sort out your differences but do not bring it on here!

On the basis that I was away this weekend, and the alerts received - I could and probably should have banned both, but opted for warnings and hoping that both see that 2 wrongs do not make a right.

That may well be the wrong choice on my part, but I have a very busy day job and sometimes - Vital is just not worth the effort!

Apologies for any offence caused initially and by my actions.

:14:

Cracking collection this week. Thanks, CP.

"
determined to thump anyone who didn't speak funny
"

bleedin' 'eck. That's the pot calling the kettle black country.

:10:

I would love nothing more than to meet him Okd. Love it Keegan stylie but sadly he won't leave the safety of his keyboard.

Anyway, I'm sorry if anyone was caused distress by me protecting my family. It was not my intention.

Apollyon - 22/1/2018 16:13

I would love nothing more than to meet him Okd. Love it Keegan stylie but sadly he won't leave the safety of his keyboard.

Anyway, I'm sorry if anyone was caused distress by me protecting my family. It was not my intention.

:19:

Been thinking for some time now that there are some people who post on here with strange character traits and with whom I don't really want to exchange views with. That's a pity, but there you go. Think I will give it a miss for a bit.

I always thought it was just females that suffered pre menstrual tension...after a few seasons on here, I'm not so sure....keep your freinds close, and your enemies even closer....FTWD

Pope John XXIII - 22/1/2018 16:59

I have no idea what has happened, but i'm sure Woanz will say it was my fault :19: :56:

Seek help duck, some pretty unsavoury things said on both sides & you try & make it about you....

Away from Pope & his usual antics, I’m glad the Fred (PMSL) is back as it shows what dicks Wolves fans are but a couple on here were well out of order so our moral high ground is eroding.

Woanz - 22/1/2018 19:24

Pope John XXIII - 22/1/2018 16:59

I have no idea what has happened, but i'm sure Woanz will say it was my fault :19: :56:

Seek help duck, some pretty unsavoury things said on both sides & you try & make it about you....

Away from Pope & his usual antics, I’m glad the Fred (PMSL) is back as it shows what dicks Wolves fans are but a couple on here were well out of order so our moral high ground is eroding.