Commentary: Steve Thompson OR Mark Hone? | Page 4 | Vital Football

Commentary: Steve Thompson OR Mark Hone?

I prefer Thommo, by far. Hone is better at Boston. He has a problem pronouncing people's names, for example Leeds' manager Bielsa which he mis-pronounced three times on Saturday! As for Hortin, well, enough said but he has his moments; "I'm hugging Danny's dad" for one.

Thommo came into his own when asked to summarise the first half after it ended. In the space of 1 minute gave a great in depth assessment of what had gone before. Hone would have just reeled out the cliches.

Also with Makepeace beside him Thommo is much better. All Hortin does is constant "bants" and little diggy nudge jokes to Thommo which means Thommo ends up the whole match responding to that.

And then there was a revelation just before the second half. Commentary from the Gainsborough game and they do have a commentator that is really good at commentating. Dales something? Why is that guy not the No1? Way better than Hortin.

Thommo came into his own when asked to summarise the first half after it ended. In the space of 1 minute gave a great in depth assessment of what had gone before. Hone would have just reeled out the cliches.

Also with Makepeace beside him Thommo is much better. All Hortin does is constant "bants" and little diggy nudge jokes to Thommo which means Thommo ends up the whole match responding to that.

And then there was a revelation just before the second half. Commentary from the Gainsborough game and they do have a commentator that is really good at commentating. Dales something? Why is that guy not the No1? Way better than Hortin.

Dale Storey Is very good, he’s actually a City ST holder in the Selenity but even in a normal season can’t get to many games as he often covers Boston or Gainsborough. He really makes an effort to know all about the opposition players.

Dale Storey Is very good, he’s actually a City ST holder in the Selenity but even in a normal season can’t get to many games as he often covers Boston or Gainsborough. He really makes an effort to know all about the opposition players.

Can someone get him a gig with City, comes across really well when commentating on local sides. Seems to know his stuff.

We all have different things we're looking for in commentary , I guess. But I agree, Makepeace with Thommo is the combo I like best.