Commentary: Steve Thompson OR Mark Hone? | Page 3 | Vital Football

Commentary: Steve Thompson OR Mark Hone?

Hone’s journalistic skills are like his football skills awful. Ask an open question and wait for the answer not give your own opinion Before the other person can answer

Perhaps iFollow could bring back the third option of no commentary, just crowd noise. It had that when it first started, not much use right now as there is no crowd to listen to, but hopefully soon.

Personally I don't mind who does it, I can see what's going on.

Yes, but sometimes it's useful to know about things happening out of picture, such as whether the linesman's put his flag up for offside or if the referee has shown a yellow card.

I didn't listen to the pre-match build up as I was watching the Merseyside derby .... but did Hortin (who savaged Soriano last week about B-Teams) mention project Big Picture and the power-grab by his beloved LFC's John Henry and the Glazers with similar venom?

About the only time I’d be interested in hearing his opinion on Liverpool. I wonder if he was responsible for the nauseating ‘live’ commentary of Liverpool’s journey to SB a couple of weeks ago?

I think a mixture would be good. I feel like Hortin and Thommo have become a bit complacent and seem to be talking about random nonsense more and more. I like the odd tangent when the game is dull but it seems to be increasing. What’s more Thommo’s insight is often pretty rare. Sometimes he makes a good point and it actually grabs my attention and reminds me he does know his stuff!

It was the bit where Hone referred to himself as a player with a bit of pace, memory plays tricks but not how I remember him.
As for sending off, I have in my head a terrible tackle v Gainsborough in the FA Cup

That was a truly awful tackle. One of the worst I've ever seen.
We played Gainsborough at home, should of been away but they switched it and ended up drawing with them. Was it 2-2?
Beat them in the replay but cant remember the score.

he had an interesting career - football league, non-league, football league then non-league. Does make you realise how finely balanced football is. I would imagine there is quite a difference in salaries there.

Perhaps iFollow could bring back the third option of no commentary, just crowd noise. It had that when it first started, not much use right now as there is no crowd to listen to, but hopefully soon.

Personally I don't mind who does it, I can see what's going on.

We also had the option of the guy commentating from his bedroom- watching on his tablet. He did his best... but the commentry option now, despite its flaws, is significantly better. As is ifollows coverage as a whole.

Hone’s journalistic skills are like his football skills awful. Ask an open question and wait for the answer not give your own opinion Before the other person can answer

That seems to be standard practice for sports journalism on local radio... Hortin does it continually (such as the recent Danny Cowley interview). Depends who the interviewee is, but if they are capable of thinking for themselves its very annoying.

Yeah the Liverpool fan often mentions them nearly as much as Lincoln in commentary. Did we really need to hear Klopps post match interview?

Totally agree it really p-sses me off when he keeps going on about Liverpool yes some City fans follow them as well but I suspect a good deal more loathe them like me. Tbh I turn Radio Lincs off when he plays Klopps interviews I really couldn't give a crap about them. Somebody ought to tell him to shut up going on about them and concentrate on Lincoln not Premier crap enough other outlets drone on about them so let's leave Radio Lincs to L:incolnshire stuff.

On the Hone or Thommo I like them both as summarisers but personally I would go for Thommo because Hone is Liverpool fan as well!

We also had the option of the guy commentating from his bedroom- watching on his tablet. He did his best... but the commentry option now, despite its flaws, is significantly better. As is ifollows coverage as a whole.

Oh yes, what I should have said was, I don't mind who at R. Lincs does it. Got much better when they took over.