Comedy pilot filmed at Gills game. | Vital Football

Comedy pilot filmed at Gills game.

Went on a stag do to Ibiza with Widdicombe a few years back.

He's alright, bit of a wet lettuce.

Went on a stag do to Ibiza with Widdicombe a few years back.

He's alright, bit of a wet lettuce.
To be fair, he’s ok until he falls in to that high pitched voice that he does.
Then it doesn’t matter the story, it makes my ears bleed.
The other guy is just not remotely funny.
He made a career out of calling Trump a twat, as if nobody else had noticed.

The other guy is just not remotely funny.
He made a career out of calling Trump a twat, as if nobody else had noticed.

The only funny stand up routine I have seen Nish Kumar do was the charity stand up he did where his entire routine was one of "Anyone who voted for Brexit or the Tories are racists" and then having got little reaction as he had probably insulted half the room at that point accused them of being people of "only finding far right comedians funny". And then when the atmosphere turned even darker said something on the lines of "I'm not taking this from a group of people whose ancestors enslaved my own people".

The stale bit of bagette landing on the stage was the funniest part of the whole routine and the whole salty response of "I'm not finishing my routine of calling you all racists just to spite you".

I appreciate that his audience are people leaning towards the far left and so obviously I'm not his intended audience but it is the way he started having a breakdown because he assumed everyone was in his political echo chamber.

Well Rob, I am politically on the left and still find him unfunny.
Humour is generally about the script (Tommy Cooper excepted)
His writing is crap in my opinion compared to other comedians.
Joe Lycett makes me laugh with his stand up, not quite so much with his tv show.

I prefer Nish Kumar on Mock the week than the MASH report. He did a good stand in host for Just a minute in the spring too! I’m looking forward to watching action from the match on the series!

Ever filled one of these out Shotsy? Always interesting.

https://www.politicalcompass.org/test

As for Nish's comedy - it pretty much depends on whether you like satire or not.

I came up with

1631726619019.png

which will probably surprise those thinking I am some sort of far right Nazi :grinning:

Might be interesting to start a new thread with that test. There are a few on here who I think would be off the chart :grinning:

Ever filled one of these out Shotsy? Always interesting.

https://www.politicalcompass.org/test

As for Nish's comedy - it pretty much depends on whether you like satire or not.

I like satire, but for me satire only works if you are willing to satirise everyone - a la Peter Cook for example, who was willing to mock everyone - rich, poor, black, white, establishment, the working classes, left, right, Labour, the Tories. The likes of Kumar, the Daily Mash and/or Newsthump have a left wing political agenda and use what they disingenuously regard as "satire" and "comedy" to push their political agenda. Yes, Boris, the Tories, Trump and Brexit are/were prime for a piss-take, but so are/were Corbyn, Remainers, Biden and the EU, but the comedy of woke, left-leaning "comedians"/"satirists" like Kumar are silent on those obvious targets, which Cook would have had a field day with.

Last edited:
I like satire, but for me satire only works if you are willing to satirise everyone - a la Peter Cook for example, who was willing to mock everyone - rich, poor, black, white, establishment, the working classes, left, right, Labour, the Tories. The likes of Kumar, the Daily Mash and/or Newsthump have a left wing political agenda and use what they disingenuously regard as "satire" and "comedy" to push their political agenda. Yes, Boris, the Tories, Trump and Brexit are/were prime for a piss-take, but so are/were Corbyn, Remainers, Biden and the EU, but the comedy of woke, left-leaning "comedians"/"satirists" like Kumar are silent on those obvious targets, which Cook would have had a field day with.

I agree with you, Steve, Peter Cook was a genius!

Another great bit of satire was Spitting Image. And the Now Show on R4 is always good too.

If you really want to appreciate satire though, you gotta check out the original. Have you ever read Jonathan Swift's 'A Modest Proposal'?