Come on you Brewers ! | Vital Football

Come on you Brewers !

Am I being a bit presumptuous checking flights into London on Monday 14th of May and returning on the 15th? Now to ensure a ticket as well...

Currently €49 return for the semi and €60 return for the final......

Must be unique to us and Burton that two sides so geographicalily close can still wish each other well, especially so soon after the underdog had humiliated the ‘big boys’ in a way which may still prove absolutely crucial.

Harsh Rog. Think most up here have a ‘soft spot’ for the Brewers. Probably because it was unthinkable until recently that we’d actually be competing in the same league.

I'm with Rog on this, would love to see Burton go down. Forest would be my preference to get relegated but Burton would be a very close second! Nothing to do with Clough just the club.

I hope that Burton stay up (A) They are managed by Nigel (B) They do not have a big cheque book so they being in the Championship is even more praiseworthy.:clap:

I'm with Rog on this, would love to see Burton go down. Forest would be my preference to get relegated but Burton would be a very close second! Nothing to do with Clough just the club.

I must be wrong on this one then. Always thought of it as a really friendly rivalry.
Nothing whatsoever to do with Nigel...but there have been quite a few other connections, McFarland, Rowett, Pesch etc and I’ve enjoyed a few good evenings at Eden Park and the Pirelli. Don’t exactly care, like I do for a couple of other clubs I grew up with, but I wish them well...good little club with a decent owner imo.

If I have even a minute 'soft spot' for anyone but Derby its for Burton, ever since that famous non-match with Leicester, the only game I've ever been to that didn't involve Derby. I wish them well, but defo not at our expense.

If I have even a minute 'soft spot' for anyone but Derby its for Burton, ever since that famous non-match with Leicester, the only game I've ever been to that didn't involve Derby. I wish them well, but defo not at our expense.

You’ve only been to one match that didn’t involve Derby...really?

Burton born of a Derby supporting Dad. Played at Eton Park against their ressies aged 15. I know half of their season ticket holders from way, way back. Soft spot.

You’ve only been to one match that didn’t involve Derby...really?
. English League, yes just Derby. The exception was the Burton Leicester FA Cup tie at The BBG, would have been Burton's biggest ever home attendance by about 20,000 if the match hadn't been erased from the record books. I have no real interest in the national team, and don't even watch a lot of non-Derby football on TV (hence you will seldom see me offering an opinion on non-Derby players eg Salah etc), just not interested. I've watched hundreds of non-league games and some games in Spain and Greece, more something to do on holiday than anything, but England/UK, no.

I was going to stick up a quiz question about that game earlier, something like 'which current EFL team had their highest and lowest ever attendances in consecutive games', which would be Burton - 22,492 at the BBG, zero by FA decree at the replayed game at Highfield Road, but then realised the former was not a 'game' for the purpose of the stats

I must be wrong on this one then. Always thought of it as a really friendly rivalry.
Nothing whatsoever to do with Nigel...but there have been quite a few other connections, McFarland, Rowett, Pesch etc and I’ve enjoyed a few good evenings at Eden Park and the Pirelli. Don’t exactly care, like I do for a couple of other clubs I grew up with, but I wish them well...good little club with a decent owner imo.
No I don't think you're wrong, just different opinions about clubs. The two clubs results I look for and hope do well are Notts County and Millwall. But I'd hate it if they ever took points off us!

Latest Rams News