Come on then what is the problem? | Page 4 | Vital Football

Come on then what is the problem?

There were some targets we lost out on, are you suggesting that SE should do the same as SL in January, bring in a load of players and then leave them out of the squad or on the bench.

So we've lost out on targets and are now getting to the point of needing bodies, not necessarily the right bodies, as SE keeps reminding us. If we haven't been able to recruit the right bodies in number and quality since the end of June not much hope in 7 days IMO. The nearer to deadline the more desperate we become, like SL in January.

So we've lost out on targets and are now getting to the point of needing bodies, not necessarily the right bodies, as SE keeps reminding us. If we haven't been able to recruit the right bodies in number and quality since the end of June not much hope in 7 days IMO. The nearer to deadline the more desperate we become, like SL in January.
There will be players unattached and waiting for the right offer/club, some of these will now be lowering their sights

I think we're seeing the Evans effect on signings; players don't seem keen to join good old Gills and endure the faux wrath of Evans/Rayner from the touchline, and the post game blame ; and see those who fall out of favour being bullied and attempts at forcing them out of the club; even the goalie who has played consistently well with some great saves, and shows we hardy miss Holy, gets a massive dose of criticism for one mistake.

E/R seem to think a fractious atmosphere produces results … and have no concern to improve and develop players. Experienced players like Fuller and Ehmer , Byrne are fine, but the younger ones are starting to 'disappear' from games

So, who'd want to join us; maybe a loanee with a better home to go back to, while getting some games at L1 level, or gnarled older who are on the way down; I doubt any promising player from Nat Lge or L2

What I really get fussed about is that Hanlon, RCC and List who we hoped would really kick on this year, will be hassled out of the team, out of the club by January to our (opposite of feeder) teams, Wombles, Stevenage, Wycombe

ps. look forward to welcoming Akimfenwa back to Priestfields in Sept

But remember he has had far longer than the close season to start player negotiations as he spent a good part of the end of SL's term watching from the stands.

I don’t think he is a panicky type (Evans)., COYG I know I am a optimistic fellow but I firmly believe it will be a decent season