collymore | Vital Football

collymore

Barney2004

Vital 1st Team Regular
Do you like this man as a person, yes he was a villa player, but does that mean we should like him?

i think he is an utter bell end. Crying to the media about someone telling him that theyre going to kill you. Suppose its pretty scary being a high profile person and being told that someone is going to kill you. but is it as scary than being a woman, being kicked in the head a few times and then seeing collymore looking over you saying i will kill you.

What goes around comes around stan. Man up.

and im not saying that ists right to be racist etc towards him because its not. He wants to be protected on twitter, but who was protecting Ulrika?

Think you are wrong mate, I have faced some vile shit over the years, some of it when doing Ellis stuff but other crap just for running a) this site (seldom on here) b) running the network.

Too many keyboard warriors, he is 100% right to try to alert people to the way some sites are run. Twitter is awful for reporting people and no one should put up with death threats.

Yes i agree with you JF and you IMO are a nice bloke that hasnt gone out of his way to hurt anyone. This man beat his Ex up and threatened to kill her... and now he is crying on central news about someone saying they are going to kill him... Dont dish it out if you cant take it (my mother taught me that one) Yes alert someone about it but he can hardly make a song and dance about it.

ahh thats alright then.

STill hardly can make a song and dance about it. If he didnt play for the villa i think more people would probably agree with me.

whether youre stan collymore or ian huntly, accepting responsibility for your past dosent make it 'ok'.

I think the Ulrika incident had a lot more to it than meets the eye, I wouldnt want to judge him on that incident to be fair, and he's certainly suffered a lot from the backlash of it. He's been honest about his issues and for that he deserves credit. Also from what I gather Collymore is a great tweeter, and interacts with fans and his colleagues on a level.

I like him to be honest. He's good at what he does with the media, he stands up for what he believes in and he's brutally honest and prepared to take whats thrown at him generally. It's a shame he didn't have this maturity, approach and stability when he was a footballer - he'd have been one of the best in the world.

In the modern world there is a whole new cowardice - that of the keyboard warrior. It's easy to be something you arent when on social networks like twitter, making idle threats and splurting out shock statements to get a reaction. Would these people make racist comments to Stan if face to face with him - I very much doubt it. He's right to report racist or threatening comments IMO, this is the 21st century and we dont tolerate this immature nonsense anymore. Very few people advocate this behaviour - I think he'll get a lot of support.

i totally agree with him complaining about rasist tweets... that isnt banteR> And nor is telling him you're going to kill him. But he has made more of an issue about the death threat. Im not expecting everyone to agree with me, if anyone. But i think its a bit daft moaning about someone saying theyre going to kill you when you've threatened that yourself in the past, now he knows how scary it is.

Funny you mention about that he could have been the best footballer Jim, i tweeted him the exact thing , saying that he could have been the best stiker in the world if he wanted to have been in his era. Nothing more, nothing less. He blocked me.

I am not saying it's alright. He had major health issues when he played for us.

Not excusing his behaviour, but people deserve credit for turning things around. His autobiography is brutally honest and he accepts total responsibility for his past actions. Unlike many others..Tyson for example

Maybe I have rose tinted specs for him. I remember listening to him commentating on a Villa game at Stamford Bridge a few years ago, Villa won the game and he was going mental, some Chelsea fans were giving him shit and he was giving it back and I loved him for it.

I sit within ear shot of the press box at Villa - if an opposing famous/celebrity fan did that at Villa Park after we lost to a last minute goal, I'd probably have a bit of go myself (it has been known!).

Swings and roundabouts ennit.

As for Collymore the player - perhaps the biggest waste of talent in english football history. Akin to Duncan Edwards but for totally different reasons obviously. Collymore had everything - speed, strength, skill, a great shot with either foot and good in the air. He was perfect in everyway, apart from he was mental.

when i started this thread i kind of knew people would disagree because he used to play for us and supports us... which is fair enogh. Each to their own and i will respect your opinions. But i cant stand the bloke.

maybe im being a bit harsh on him as i dislike him. No one deserves to have death threats etc. But i still dont like the man.

Can't see any connection between liking or disliking Collymore and the rights and wrongs of him demanding that Twitter enforce their own rules.

The 'problem' i have with it all is with him being on the central news , birmingham mail saying how scared he is etc... he has put people through worse.

Go to the police and be done with it.

This happens on twitter EVERYDAY and i agree twitter needs to do something about it. But these people arent sobbing their eyes out to the media.

Yeah seen Ulrika in the paper this morning but Lee if your slating Collymore for something he done 16 years ago then surely the same applies to Ulrika for raking up old coals.From what I understand she was hardly sweet and innocent in the whole episode.Well I suppose it's been a long time since she was front page news.As for Collymore I don't know the fella so hard for me to form a personal opinion of him as a pundit I quite like him says what he thinks with proper passion as a footballer he pissed me off big time.As for these tweets start jailing a few of the pricks and see how hard the are in nick bet they don't do it again.

i think they're both twats to be honest gator and deserve everything that gets thrown at them.

Nether the less though... he still hit and threatened to kill her instead of being the bigger man and walked away.

I think it's unfair to keep throwing his wrong doing at him every time he open's his mouth on a controversial issue.

The main point should be that Twatter and other social media places are becoming a playground for vile racists and bullies who like nothing more than to abuse people and get away with it.

Thing is though Lee when the drinks on board at a young age how many of us were able to think rationally I never could bet most of us have done things in drink we have regretted the next day I know I have.

no one deserves the colour of their skin thrown at them in abuse.

But for the 'i will kill you' tweet i think he is being a bit two faced about it. I hope its a lesson to him for the way that he has made people feel.

gator, i know what you're saying. I got pissed once and pissed on a coppers leg. I regretted that, even though it was an accident. But everytime i have been drunk i have been in control of what i'm doing and would never beat a woman up.... i just wouldn't, no matter how pissed i was.