collymore | Page 2 | Vital Football

collymore

No I have never beat a woman up that is wrong but sometimes things can push us over the edge mate.Years ago when I worked for Tarmac I worked with these lads from Lower Gornal and you probably won't remember but a man from Gornal killed his wife quite a while ago on cup final day because I think she switched the telly off while the match was on.Anyway he ended up topping her and the lads who I worked with knew him and they said he was a lovely bloke and she was a nasty piece of work but he ended up with a life sentence.For me that shows that once tipped over the edge there's no telling what we are capable of.But how can you piss on a coppers leg by accident lol.

I think once you hit a woman mate its game over. I've experienced too much shit with that and cant forgive the person that done it... thats probably half the trouble i have trying to see it from collymores point of view.

Was out in solihull mate, got ushered out of the pub i was in at closing time and the bouncer wouldnt let me go for a piss. So i went down the ally way a few doors down (quite drunk) and started my piss. felt a tap on my back, turned arousnd whilst still pissing , and it was a copper. To be fair though he only gave me a fine on the spot. Glad i dint have to spend it in the cells!

thefacehead - 23/1/2014 10:59

If a woman was trying to kill you or was hitting you and you where a corner, would you hit her then?

i think thats called defending yourself is it not?

massive difference between that and coming home pissed and lumping your missus!

gator - 23/1/2014 11:02

This is it thefacehead you probably would.

If my only escape strategy was to hit back then I would. I have also see some very, very vicious cows after pub nights out getting in blokes faces, pulling their hair, punching them generally being horrible c****, but never saw a man hit back.

My point is that those women deserved a bloody good punch in the mouth for their behaviour, but were protected by the man won't hit woman shield, they used it as a weapon, knowing there was little chance of them getting hit.

I would do whatever I could, not to hit a woman, even if it meant running away, but I would not have sympathised if one of those horrible cows got a punch in the chops.

Think what your probably talking about Lee is abuse over a matter of time where the Collymore incident was a spur of the moment incident.

Barney2004 - 23/1/2014 11:04

If a woman was trying to kill you or was hitting you and you where a corner, would you hit her then?

So you agree it comes down to circumstance then. Anyone who beats their Mrs for no reason deserves the full force of the law. But also, some people have the capacity to change and I won't chastise people who sort their lives out for the better.

gator - 23/1/2014 11:09

Think what your probably talking about Lee is abuse over a matter of time where the Collymore incident was a spur of the moment incident.

I'm just throwing the grey areas up lol

thefacehead - 23/1/2014 11:09

If my only escape strategy was to hit back then I would. I have also see some very, very vicious cows after pub nights out getting in blokes faces, pulling their hair, punching them generally being horrible c****, but never saw a man hit back.

My point is that those women deserved a bloody good punch in the mouth for their behaviour, but were protected by the man won't hit woman shield, they used it as a weapon, knowing there was little chance of them getting hit.

I would do whatever I could, not to hit a woman, even if it meant running away, but I would not have sympathised if one of those horrible cows got a punch in the chops.
Yeah I have witnessed the same thing I have also seen a few women get flattened.

gator - 23/1/2014 11:12

thefacehead - 23/1/2014 11:09

Yeah I have witnessed the same thing I have also seen a few women get flattened.

Bet they thought they weren't gonna get hit as well.

thefacehead - 23/1/2014 11:11

gator - 23/1/2014 11:09

I'm just throwing the grey areas up lol
ERR let's not mention that horrible colour please.

So you agree it comes down to circumstance then. Anyone who beats their Mrs for no reason deserves the full force of the law. But also, some people have the capacity to change and I won't chastise people who sort their lives out for the better.

of course it does. If i was in a corner and a woman had a knife, i would do alsost anything to get past her.

Its the abuse, hitting women for no reason that is wrong, and thats what im trying to say. Whether its spur of the moment and you have just done it once, or if you have done it constanly for ten years. Its still wrong , and in my eyes cant be forgiven.

If you had a daughter and she got hit by her husband/boyfriend just once, then would you be saying that people can change, spur of the moment blah blah blah.... i think not. You would probably go round to his house and beat 10 shades of shit out of him.

Barney2004 - 23/1/2014 11:14

of course it does. If i was in a corner and a woman had a knife, i would do alsost anything to get past her.

Its the abuse, hitting women for no reason that is wrong, and thats what im trying to say. Whether its spur of the moment and you have just done it once, or if you have done it constanly for ten years. Its still wrong , and in my eyes cant be forgiven.

If you had a daughter and she got hit by her husband/boyfriend just once, then would you be saying that people can change, spur of the moment blah blah blah.... i think not. You would probably go round to his house and beat 10 shades of shit out of him.
True Lee but as thefacehead says it all comes down to circumstances every situation has a different circumstance.

Barney2004 - 23/1/2014 11:14

Depends on the extent of abuse though doesn't it.

The Fear - 23/1/2014 08:16

Think you are wrong mate, I have faced some vile shit over the years, some of it when doing Ellis stuff but other crap just for running a) this site (seldom on here) b) running the network.

Too many keyboard warriors, he is 100% right to try to alert people to the way some sites are run. Twitter is awful for reporting people and no one should put up with death threats.

He incites it though..People say racist stuff to him because they know they get a reaction. Loads of black people use twitter - do they experience racism? Hardly and if ever...Yet why is Collymore the one they all target to abuse?

The Sun article today on the front page - Collymore just dosnt shut up, he harks on and on about it openly on the net for all to read..He is egging it on, he enticing reaction from the public, its almost as if he gets off on this type of stuff. Ive tried talking to him but I think ikts just part of who he is and how he likes to live his life.

90% of the racist remarks he gets, I would doubt they are really racist..They say stuff to wind him up.

The fact is know one knows what really happened between Collymore and Ulrika. You can pick up what you read in the red tops but mainly the only truth they print are the football scored and the tv listings. He had mental health issues which were not properly addressed at the time (no excuse still). Since then Stan has done a lot to turn his life around including being a big advocate in raising awareness and money for mental health charities. He is also a decent pundit on TS and I love the MNF night show with Saggers. You can't judge one person on one specific moment of their life and use it as a stick to beat them with for the rest of their life. We all make mistakes, some greater than others. Let he who is without sin and all bollocks.

Green Tea - 23/1/2014 12:09

90% of the racist remarks he gets, I would doubt they are really racist..They say stuff to wind him up.

Well that makes it okay then, I can call people a N****** because I know I don't mean it!

What a load of bollox!!!

i used to say things to celebs on there to get a reaction... which i got and got into rows with some of the most famous people in the world. Dont do it anymore because it bores me and they're too easy to wind up. Now when my tweets got retweeted by that famous person i had a shit load of abuse from their fans, was i bothered? course not because i bloody started it.

Collymore gets a kick from it, and the only reason he has gone to the media and police now is because what he has started has gone a bit too far. yeah he said about the dive which caused a reation... but what was he saying after he had said that. Because i dont believe all the abuse was just from him saying a liverpool player had dived.

^^^ im not excusing the racist remarks btw because i think thats bang out of order. Its the 'i will kill you' comment im on about.