Collymore extols Spurs Virtues | Vital Football

Collymore extols Spurs Virtues

D

Departed

[B]Stan Collymore[/B]‏Verified account @[B]StanCollymore[/B]
FollowFollow @StanCollymore
More
Stan Collymore Retweeted Stan Collymore

Look at Spurs! A team with fantastic talent, tactically aware, great manager and attractive style. Where the fuck is their acknowledgment in soapy broadsheet pieces! Look at the figures FFS! Apply "pound for pound" to this graphic and your geniuses are all there!

Stan Collymore added,

Da23GT2WAAA9z5a.jpg

Stan CollymoreVerified account @StanCollymore
All I want to see is one tantalising season where all 20 managers have same budget, wage cap and fees to spend. No window after Aug, you get 23 pros (+ unlimited academy).…
3:31 PM - 15 Apr 2018

123 replies971 retweets2,170 likes

Retweet

Direct message

All teams having the same amount of money would be far more fun to watch. It will never happen though.

The best NASCAR (I don't watch it regularly) race used to be The Race Of Champions where everyone had the same car.

The Premier league is an equal opportunities with unequal resources.

it's not going to change anytime soon.

All you can do is increase your available resources, and then learn to compete.

What annoys me is people using Liverpool as an example of a club who have done brilliantly on a modest budget because of that graphic. Coutinho sale has shifted that ridiculously, previous few seasons they've been spending far beyond their income from sales

Last edited:
With the anomoly of Leicester aside...the PL is not a league of parity. The same 6 teams are ALWAYS overwhelmingly favorites to place 1-6 in the league. (now how that top 6 is arranged is very fluid)

Parity in the PL is between the teams that place 7-20.

It is kind of staggering to see how the metrics drop off after Arsenal and a Burnley who is playing extrememly well.