Colin Bell | Vital Football

Colin Bell

Why I support City - that and the sky blue shirts.

Him, Dave Watson, Barnesy, Kinkladze, Mike Doyle, Big Joe, Willie Donachie, Frannie Lee, Asa, Rodders and Dickie Edghill probably the only past players that would get into the current XI.

I remember Big Joe's debut and we all gasped as he threw the ball to the half way line amazing, then he went to ratshit with a 5-1 drubbing at home to west Ham, with budgie Byrne hitting a Ball virtually from the halfway line passed JC as he walked back to his goal. He then spent a spell out at Crewe with Harry Gregg and came back 10 times the keeper we sent out.

I think you have rose tinted glasses with Richard Edghill, he might get on the bench at another club.

Why I support City - that and the sky blue shirts.

Him, Dave Watson, Barnesy, Kinkladze, Mike Doyle, Big Joe, Willie Donachie, Frannie Lee, Asa, Rodders and Dickie Edghill probably the only past players that would get into the current XI.
A big call Kenny, squad or first eleven as stated?

Doyle in place of Stonesy? Bell right side of midfield and Kinkladze left side of attack?
I would use Doyle as the DMid in front of the back four with Merlin left and Colin right. I would use KInkladze as a winger right side, Raz left and Kun in the middle.
Doyle was a hard man and would frighten most current attackers, so Ferna on the bench with Red Kev. Kompany would be my pick in front of Stonesy for a European Cup final. Comparing players from different eras is just a matter of opinion, but you know what you have seen over the decades.