Colin Bell ... RIP | Vital Football

Colin Bell ... RIP

Norfolk Imp

Vital 1st Team Regular
Colin ‘The King’ Bell, his Mum died at a very young age (some reports say due to childbirth), his Dad a Miner and his older sister brought him up. When he was 2 years old he was kicking a football in the school playground whilst his Sister had lessons, as there was no child care available and his Dad was regularly on a shift down the pit.

A wonderful trophy laden career cut short cruelly by a Martin Buchan tackle during a League Cup 4th Rd tie in 75’ that City won 4-0 ... ironic the Blues are playing the same opposition tonight?

Only David Silva in my opinion comes close to equalling the best player to represent MCFC (although older Blues say he was KDB, Yaya & Merlin combined i.e. the complete player)

RIP Legend💙😞

Yes, heard the really sad news about "Nijinsky" this morning, and still only age 74. Has to be one of the greats, not just of City, but of the English game

Fantastic player, unlucky not to get more playing time in Mexico 70, although he was infamously Bobby Charltons replacement against W Germany...

Fantastic player, unlucky not to get more playing time in Mexico 70, although he was infamously Bobby Charltons replacement against W Germany...
He was, was the score 2-1 England when the substitution was made? I think Bonetti being in goal instead of Banks was the ultimate reason we lost though ... might be worth watching the entire 90 mins of this oneday instead of just the goals.

He was, was the score 2-1 England when the substitution was made? I think Bonetti being in goal instead of Banks was the ultimate reason we lost though ... might be worth watching the entire 90 mins of this oneday instead of just the goals.

Bonnetti was definitely the reason imho, I don't think anyone doubts if Banksy had been in goal we would have won. Charlton's replacement by Bell was probably the first chink in Ramsey's credibility since '66 though as far as the press were concerned.

Bonnetti was definitely the reason imho, I don't think anyone doubts if Banksy had been in goal we would have won. Charlton's replacement by Bell was probably the first chink in Ramsey's credibility since '66 though as far as the press were concerned.

I've just watched the extended highlights ... good grief how did we not win that?

2 absolute stonewall penalties not given for fouls on Lee & Bell, sadly Bonetti at fault for the first two goals. Karma perhaps for the linesman 4 years previously, but frustrating nonetheless.