Colin Bell 1946-2021 | Page 4 | Vital Football

Colin Bell 1946-2021

Have a look at this and see what you think.

I found myself pausing the video to name the players and then wishing more people had seen him play,
I love the clip of Franny Lee showing the ref how the Rag players dived, I was at that game'
I saw Colin came on at half time, I think everyone in the crowd was standing and cheering that day, but sadly Martin Buchan had ruined Colin Bell's career and it says as much about Buchan that it was said that he never apologised and he did not visit Colin in Hospital, but is says more about Colin who never blamed Buchan.
I think like the rest of the City fans who adored The King, his sacking by Lee was a very sad occasion.
He had his footballing life cut short and could have gone on to greater things and the stat about the great Midfielders compared to Colin Bell tells you everything you need to know apart from the fact that he would simply have walked into this current City side with ease.
He was a pleasure to watch and he will always be my hero

'I love the clip of Franny Lee showing the ref how the Rag players dived, I was at that game'

Yes, my first derby, 6th November 1971. A 3-3 classic, and the noise for City's second goal was ear splitting.
Apart from Wembley, the largest crowd I've been a part of. It was the highest crowd in the Football League that season, 63 thousand plus.

Extended highlights here. Those were the pre Sheikh Mansour days.

'I love the clip of Franny Lee showing the ref how the Rag players dived, I was at that game'

Yes, my first derby, 6th November 1971. A 3-3 classic, and the noise for City's second goal was ear splitting.
Apart from Wembley, the largest crowd I've been a part of. It was the highest crowd in the Football League that season, 63 thousand plus.

Extended highlights here. Those were the pre Sheikh Mansour days.

A proper Derby but City should have had a couple of penalties, I shall concede though that George Best was a really good footballer, not as complete as Colin because Colin could play in every position even goal (which he did on one occasion)