Cole and Colclough | Page 3 | Vital Football

Cole and Colclough

There were no buyers for Max, there maybe no buyers for these two. I think a key difference was Max wanted to go. It seems Cook, for reasons unknown, wants rid of these two. Bid harder to come back mentally in that scenario. Personally I was happy Power did but the whole reaction last summer from some alleged supporters was utterly ridiculous and ott, so perhaps it best we don't know the full story.

Are we sure that they have not done the same as Max and made it clear they want away. The only reason we knew about the scenario with Max was that the silly boy put it out on social media, perhaps Cole and Colclough are not that naïve.

All the conjecture surrounding them suggests they are not wanted. However we don't know and as I said it's perhaps best we don't given the over reaction that occurred last summer when Max expressed a wish to move to further his career.

Precisely. We don't know the circumstances surrounding them being out of the managers plans and need to give the benefit of the doubt to all concerned.

Tb, give the benefit of the doubt? Where would be fun in that?! I think it's only reasonable people are speculating given it's reasonable to assume 'something' has or is going on. Window shuts in a week so I guess we'll get some clarity when it shuts.

There's a week till the window shuts. They'll more than likely go along with maybe one or two others and a few others will probably come in. I used maybe and probably and terms like that becuase I don't know what's going on. Nobody does so why always look at the worst case scenario?

Nobody does so why always look at the worst case scenario?

Absolutely spot on Chet.

If you've watched football for any amount of time you know it's unpredictable. I am pessimistic about some things myself for example Gibson - i really don't think he is the type of player we need to make our system work - but that is based on what I've seen with my own eyes. Things aren't always rosey and if you've seen it and make a negative judgement fair enough - you could be right and no point pretending things are great when you can see otherwise.

But it's when it comes to this speculative negativity i think - why do that to yourself? There is stuff we can't see and is effectively just us guessing often based on very little info eg how a new signing will perform for us, what goes on in the dressing room, what is happening in the board room, etc. On that stuff you can easily jump to the wrong conclusion so rather than condemn yourself to worrying or dissatisfaction why not just hold fire and hope to be pleasantly suprised. There will be plenty of time to vent frustration if it does go wrong after it has but we have no power to change decisions being made so all it does is make yourself feel worse always seeing the worst in approaching situations .

The concept of regretting what hasn't happened yet based on what is can be pure speculation in a game know for it's ability to suprise you is probably not the best way to look at the game. There will always be plenty of genuinely undeniable negative things to worry about based on what has happened or what we can see with our own eyes without adding extra stuff in that might not ever come to pass or even be true.

Speculation is what fuels a site like this KDZ and there is certainly nothing wrong with that. The problems come when people speculate and put it forward as genuine knowledge. Then they try to force their views on others without really looking at the other side of the equation.

My view is by all means speculate, but take it for what it is and don't believe everything you read or what the brother of your best mates estranged girlfriend who has a new boyfriend who's sister in law cleans the bogs at the DW has told you she heard whilst cleaning the ones next to the CEO's office or Grips dog for that matter.

Thank you kindly Henski. Much appreciated.

Your spot on True Beliver, but I'm absolutely not suggesting to not speculate or talk about rumours we hear - just not to let speculation make us get down when it could easily not be true.