Cole and Colclough | Page 2 | Vital Football

Cole and Colclough

were was massey and mcdonald yesterday

John, you've already asked this question on another thread...... I don't know the answer, so haven't responded.

Why ask the same question on here...... especially when this thread is about 2 other players?

My point was why ask about them on a thread re 2 other players, when you've already asked elsewhere?

They'll end up going for below market value on deadline day. When any selling club signposts they want rid of a player, like we have with these two, then any buyer knows they just need to sit tight and they'll get a good deal.

Give Burn and Byrne
They'll end up going for below market value on deadline day. When any selling club signposts they want rid of a player, like we have with these two, then any buyer knows they just need to sit tight and they'll get a good deal.

We all thought that about Max Power but when the window shut last season he came back into the fold and never looked back - and even Max says the whole scenario did him the world of good in hindsight. So you never know if they are still knocking about we might see them given another chance. Cook did the same with Naismith at Pompey - transfer listed him and when he didn't leaver brought him back and it seemed to light a fire under him that drove him to his best ever season.

There were no buyers for Max, there maybe no buyers for these two. I think a key difference was Max wanted to go. It seems Cook, for reasons unknown, wants rid of these two. Bid harder to come back mentally in that scenario. Personally I was happy Power did but the whole reaction last summer from some alleged supporters was utterly ridiculous and ott, so perhaps it best we don't know the full story.

Would help stop the speculation if our club actually did some communicating with supporters.
I wonder if they realise we may be interested.
Same with season ticket sales. It's the sort of stuff we would genuinely be interested in hearing about.

They said about a month ago that over 6000 season tickets had been sold then. It was on the official website. That was on the 4th of July

Last edited:
Cole and Colclough will be hot property for league one teams as the window gets close to closing. Biggest issue will probably be their wages.

Would help stop the speculation if our club actually did some communicating with supporters.
I wonder if they realise we may be interested.
Same with season ticket sales. It's the sort of stuff we would genuinely be interested in hearing about.

Do you not get the regular newsletter sent to you by email,
or is that just season ticket holders who receive it?

Do you not get the regular newsletter sent to you by email,
or is that just season ticket holders who receive it?
I get it yes. Not heard about season ticket sales or anything about the takeover or thinking about it nothing about Cole and Colclough on the E mail.

Cole and Colclough will be hot property for league one teams as the window gets close to closing. Biggest issue will probably be their wages.

I wouldn't imagine that either of them are on that much (comparatively speaking)
One came from Crewe who don't pay massive wages whilst the other came from a club that spend more than they bring in but still aren't big spenders.
That would indicate to me that whilst they got pay rises to come to Latics, they'd still be amongst the lowest earners in the regular 1st team squad players