Colchester | Vital Football

Colchester

Hopefully, it will go to form because we're unbeaten in our last 7 home games and they haven't won any of their last 7 away games. I'm going for 3-1 and us being nearer to the play offs than the relegation zone.

I think that's 2 out of 40 that I've got right this season! A great performance and a rarity to win relatively comfortably. It would be a stunning achievement if we finish anywhere near the 60 point mark but I certainly wouldn't put it past us with Nolan at the helm.

A strong finish to the season coupled with good recruitment in the summer could set us up nicely for next season.

We fully deserved the win, that was the most dominant I've seen us for a couple of seasons.
Transfer policy will be fascinating this summer. Only Campbell looks a cert to be released in the summer. Players like Duffy and Hewitt look like different players, entirely capable of playing in a play off chasing team.
Forte looks to be out of favour and Curtis Thompson could be under pressure which is a shame but Mi!som who I think is out of contract is player of the season for me and deserves a new contract.
I suspect Stead may go , at 34 and on a high wage Nolan may want to free up some money and maybe pay for Grant who is a real asset at this level.
I think Ameobi may sign as he seems happy on the pitch and was without a club until we came in for him.
Whatever happens I have real faith in KN to do a job for us.
Happy times.

We go into every new season with hope but the transformation we have seen over the last 3 months has filled me with genuine optimism. I would definitely give Ameobi another year and Milsom surely deserves another contract. I really like Stead and would be delighted if he were to stay but we would definitely need 1 younger striker.

It will be really interesting to see what happens with Duffy and Hollis as both have been rejuvenated. Their true ability has been uncovered by Nolan and they have responded better than anybody to the new regime off the pitch.

If we could get Grant to sign for us, that would be a huge coup. Roll on 2017-18.