Colchester United! | Vital Football

Colchester United!

Redimps1

Vital Squad Member
No money to spend in the january window to strengthen according to there chairman in there local paper the gazette.

Unless they have to sell some of their better players this won't adversely affect them though and they are going to be one of our promotion challengers for the whole season

In that article, it says the below. Would be interesting to know roughly where we are. I wouldn't expect us come out and say exactly but top 7, top 5 or something.

“To put everything in perspective I recently received a report from the league which compared what the players’ wage bill is at Colchester United compared to the rest of League Two.

“Bearing in mind that we have almost spent all of the allowed budget, the report showed us as having currently spent the twelfth highest amount on player wages in League Two."

In that article, it says the below. Would be interesting to know roughly where we are. I wouldn't expect us come out and say exactly but top 7, top 5 or something.

“To put everything in perspective I recently received a report from the league which compared what the players’ wage bill is at Colchester United compared to the rest of League Two.

“Bearing in mind that we have almost spent all of the allowed budget, the report showed us as having currently spent the twelfth highest amount on player wages in League Two."

Yep, I think there is a reason we have a small squad.

Harry Pell cost them six figures in the summer, which is a huge sum of money on gates of 3,000. Nouble and Mandron will be big earners too.

Wonder where we are in this report, my guess would be top 7 definitely perhaps not top 3 because of a smaller squad and quite a few loanees

Wonder where we are in this report, my guess would be top 7 definitely perhaps not top 3 because of a smaller squad and quite a few loanees
I think MK, Northampton, Bury (all kept most of their L1 squads), Mansfield and Notts will all be above us.

Can't imagine Swindon or Port Vale are small payers either.

I think we had this debate a little last season when Mr Evans was complaining that we had a big budget. From memory we were middling, but spending more per player on less players than other squads in the Division. This is one of the reasons why the loan market can be so valuable for padding out a squad at little or no detriment to the playing budget.