Colchester United (h): Predict The Attendance! | Page 3 | Vital Football

Colchester United (h): Predict The Attendance!

Only 36 predictions so far. The reason this Competition won't continue next Season!

I for one would miss it Jules
What if everyone wanting to do it next season gave a commitment that they would continue posting for the whole of next season, so say 50+ or 60+ or whatever and then it could continue.
Could start a “ commitment to predict the attendance “ thread, maybe worth a few clicks too. Just a thought.

I still think 36 is really good, I don't think you can go by who enters on the first day, there will always be people who stop guessing etc. I think some of the ideas that were posted re monthly competitions etc would stop some of that as well. In reality unless your within a 1000 there's no point guessing anymore, I'm somewhere around 7th place but I'm out of it really.

How about, 3 strikes and you are out. Miss 3 predictions and they drop out the competition, it's one less for you to worry about.

Support for these things tends to wane as the season progresses. The same tendency is noticeable on the Rate The Players threads - we get 20+ submissions at the start of the season and as low as half a dozen towards the end. Unfortunately, most people do not understand the amount of work that goes into running these features, nor do they care - it is their prerogative whether to take part or not. But if support for them is not forthcoming in acceptable numbers, there will be no regular features; and without regular features, there will be no Vital Lincoln City because they represent the cornerstone of our funding. It is up to the members to support the site, or there will be no site. It is as simple as that.

And yet the members are breaking all posting records on a monthly basis? Just out of interest why do "regular features" drive the cornerstone of our funding?