Colchester Ticket Sales | Vital Football

Colchester Ticket Sales

Ffs that's a joke!
We have 100s of Lincoln fans desperate and they're hogging a load they'll never sell!

Probably waiting for today’s results to see whether or not they can achieve a play off spot. Of course the fewer they sell the more room there is for us (hopefully). Looking like there’ll be too many for pooh corner though

On course to deny 500 to 600 Imps at this rate. About time away teams were held more accountable for not returning tickets they clearly will not sell. Something like for league games the tickets are provided 3 weeks in advance. Any not sold to be returned at the request of the home team by a clear three days before kick off or the away team have to pay for any that remain unsold. That would focus minds.

My brother is amongst the many desperately hoping for a ticket.
Being an exile in Worcestershire he doesn't get to many, ironically his only home game this season was the Newport game.

Totally agree leaving 3/400 seats empty in a ground of 10000 is too many, Luton have a smaller gap in similar sized ground.

I assume this has been broached with the club at one of the forums/meetings that are held. If not it should be

Totally agree leaving 3/400 seats empty in a ground of 10000 is too many, Luton have a smaller gap in similar sized ground.
Tarpaulins don't cost much money and are a one off expense. Lots of additional stewards are expensive and an ongoing cost.

Need to reduce gap between fans. At spurs v West Ham today a game with real rivalry and hatred towards one another they had a gap of 2 seats and a steward

At Exeter, before their new stand was completed, the away fans abutted home fans. Newport regularly has just a three/four column gap, as do other grounds. Why is the gap at Lincoln always so wastefully big?

I assume this has been broached with the club at one of the forums/meetings that are held. If not it should be
Liam Scully spoke on the Stacey West podcast and said the club would be doing everything they could to help get tickets back from other clubs a day earlier but both clubs had to agree. And on segregation they work each game out based on risk assessing the opposition team and relevance of that particular game using The Green Guide as guidance.

Edited to add (because I posted before I wanted to) So the club is aware of the segregation issue and are doing their best to maximise ticket sales whilst keeping everyone safe.

Colchester only attracted 3993 home fans to their game against MK yesterday, so unlikely they can muster many more than what they have sold so far. Added to which, the play-offs still look unlikely - they have to beat Lincoln and hope the other results go their way.

Need to reduce gap between fans. At spurs v West Ham today a game with real rivalry and hatred towards one another they had a gap of 2 seats and a steward

I have never understood the "hatred" for the opposition. Can you explain why any well balanced person would have hatred for someone doing exactly the same thing they are doing - supporting their team.

I am sure Liam Scully stares at the tarpaulins and sees lost pound notes.

He also sees the minority of knuckle draggers from all clubs with sizeable followings and has to keep the sensible majority safe and the clubs reputation intact.

I would rather hear the gap is seems too wide because nothing happened than the gap was too small after an unsavoury incident.

It is almost impossible to compare with PL teams because PL away fans are ST holders for their own club. Who would want to risk their Anfield ST by creating a ruck and being arrested inside a ground.

L2 and L1 away fans, in general, are much less likely to have any affiliation with a club enough to buy a ST.

As an example, the 11 "fans" recently banned after the Imps V Mansfield game this season were all non ST fans- they haven't lost much really as they had little to lose.

That's my view anyway.

Liam Scully explained that the club are always looking at working with the SAG to reduce segregation as Riiiiik said and furthermore he pointed out it would be a foolish safety officer to not follow their guidance in view of Hillsborough and other incidents. I take from that it is a subjective call that varies from one SAG to another with some being more conservative than others.