Cods - Pilley's Motive | Vital Football

Cods - Pilley's Motive

SeasideEssexXile

Vital Football Legend
To beat us!!

Joey Barton wants to write himself into Fleetwood Town’s history books by becoming the first Highbury boss to beat Blackpool.
Barton watched the clubs’ last meeting at Bloomfield Road two months ago, when Town led until the 88th minute only for Gary Bowyer’s Seasiders to win 2-1. Fleetwood have never beaten their Fylde coast neighbours in five competitive meetings but will have two more opportunities in League One next season, and Barton is eyeing Blackpool’s scalp. And the big-match veteran, who has played in some of the fiercest derby duels – such as Rangers v Celtic, Newcastle v Sunderland and Blackburn v Burnley – says it is a victory he wants for both chairman Andy Pilley and the fans. The ex-midfielder is also hoping to build on the momentum built by his predecessor John Sheridan as he steered Town clear of relegation danger. Barton said: “It is about getting back on an upward trajectory. There were some difficult spells for the club but they finished really strongly, so the challenge is to build on that momentum. “Hopefully we have a team that everyone in the local area and beyond will be very proud of and that will beat Blackpool. “I know that is one of Andy’s primary motives, so I’m looking forward to pitting my wits against Gary Bowyer and hopefully giving Town that first victory against Blackpool because I know how much of a big deal it is. “To be part of a coaching staff that achieves that would be great because you go down in history.”

I don't even class the Cods as a derby.
Barton is a ****
His brother is a *****

Manchester City footballer Jamie Tandy with an injured eye on 21st December 2004, after his team-mate Joey Barton put out a cigar in it at the club Christmas party

Barton was also fined eight weeks' wages after being found guilty of gross misconduct following a confrontation with a teenage Everton fan at the team hotel in Bangkok on a pre-season tour in summer 2005.

In May 2007 he was suspended by City after a training ground altercation left team-mate Ousmane Dabo needing hospital treatment. He was charged with assault, receiving a four-month suspended jail sentence on 1 July 2008 as well as being ordered to perform 200 hours of community service and pay £3,000 in compensation to Dabo. He was also banned for 12 matches, six suspended, by the FA and fined £25,000

30,000 fine and warning about his future conduct after accepting he placed 1,260 bets on matches between 26 March 2006 and 13 May 2016.

Anthony Walker was a Black British student of Jamaican descent who was murdered with an ice axe by Michael Barton (brother of footballer Joey Barton) and Barton's cousin Paul Taylor, in an unprovoked, racially motivated attack on the night of 29–30 July 2005 in Huyton, Merseyside. Walker was eighteen years old and was in his second year of A-levels